Looking for 2 old games

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
BigDwii

Looking for 2 old games

Post by BigDwii »

Sorry if i'm being to general i don't remember much.

First game:2d side-scrolling. you were some guy.i think the background was grey or white. i don't even remember the objective of the game. i just remember trying to just make it to the end of the level or something. 2 main memories is a giant horseshoe shaped magnet and a pit in which you would keep falling infinitely if you fell in. there were lasers that fired at you but the "bullets " or "lasers" were balls or something.

Second Game: Was a puzzle type of game where you controlled lasers. some lasers where on rails and some changed in angle when hit. the lasers bounced off walls and stuff. to beat each level you had to hit this object with the laser but you had to adjust the level and lasers to properly get it to hit.

sorry if these are commonly requested games but google ain't working out.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.

Post by Guest »

nope. though the concept is similar.

as for the first game i remember jumping really zero gravity like. . i think they may have been some madders and moving platforms in the game.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Darn, I probably know that second game you're looking for, but the name eludes me for now, #@#@#@# ol'memory.

Maybe it will pop up in my skull sooner or later, but don't hold your breath .... sorry.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

Could the first game be The Adventures of MicroMan? It has everything you mentioned in the first post: grey background, a giant magnet and endless pits. Look here:
http://www.andrew-turnbull.net/microman.html
http://www.mobygames.com/game/win3x/adv ... f-microman
Every 3 Seconds a Child Dies because of Extreme Poverty
www.makepovertyhistory.org

Post by Guest »

OMG. thank you so much. it is microman. I've been dieing to remember what it was. THANK YOU!!!!
masa el he'avar

Post by masa el he'avar »

Second game *might* be Aargon Deluxe, but probably isn't.

BTW, shouldn't the topic title be edited to reflect the finding of Microman?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

masa el he'avar wrote:BTW, shouldn't the topic title be edited to reflect the finding of Microman?
Why? He's still looking for the second one ....

Post by Guest »

masa el he'avar wrote:Second game *might* be Aargon Deluxe, but probably isn't.

BTW, shouldn't the topic title be edited to reflect the finding of Microman?
sorry for the late reply. It is not Aargon Deluxe, but it is very, VERY similar. The colour scheme is gray with some dark blue. I remember the laser shooters are on rails and you can destroy a laser shooter if you accidentally hit with a laser. I remember you have to click on the laser shooter, sometimes multiple times to destroy obstacles in the way of the final "object". To end the game you had to destroy the final object twice. I can picture it all in my head but i don't know the name. I'm sure it's quite old. Not really old, but old enough.