Sid-view fantasy/adventure fighting game, played around 2003

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
paul_chiras

Sid-view fantasy/adventure fighting game, played around 2003

Post by paul_chiras »

I played it around 2003-2004 on Windows, but the game is most likely older. It was a 2D, side view, platform game, which could be played single player or multiplayer on the same keyboard. You could choose your character, and I only remember 2 characters, a slightly-humanoid panther and a Sumo guy.

If I remember correctly, the character selection menu was presenting the characters in a circle on the screen, there being about 6 characters (might very well be wrong).

As you progressed through the game, I can't remember what the foes looked like, except one, cause he was important and, at least for me at that age, hard to beat: an Eagle-man (had long, white wings). Once you beat him, you unlocked him and could use him as a character. There might have been some form of time flow because I remember a scene in which the night had come and we were staying around the fire.

I can't really say what the story was about or what the objectives were, as I was very little and couldn't read or speak English at the time, so I just went along with it.

There was also a game mode in which you would just fight another character, Mortal Kombat style (that one might have been only multiplayer).

It was one of the first games I ever played, and quite possibly the one that made me fall in love with games, which is why any help would be much appreciated!