Trying to contact a company

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Trying to contact a company

Post by abyss »

I am trying to contact the company that made pinball mania and strike base and i do not know who has complete rights to the games anymore. I know the companies that can possiably own the rights to the games are not bankrupt.
<i>Formerly known as Hulk Hogan.</i>
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

And why exactly would you like to contact them?
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I am wanting them to sell their old games in stores again and trying to contact about the pinball mania problem.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

If you're trying to get in contact with them to order stock of old games, save yourself the effort, it's called abandonware because the games are out of print. They no longer carry stock of old titles.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Yeah! TSM's right, and my opinion is that Pinball Mania is virus infected, it's not a problem against windows. And even if it did, I'm sure that nobody's gonna bother to even TRY to fix it.
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I want to contact the creator of pinball mania and strike base as i am getting a userbreak error on strikebase. I like many softkey games a lot but i don't know who has the rights to the games so i don't know how to contact the creator. Pinball mania messes up the computer and strike base give me a user break or error opening big file cd.If they resold their old games besides their old educational games which they are still selling i would go out and buy a lot of them. I grew up to softkey games and learned a lot of things from their learning games and grew up playing games from softkey. I remember having this sweet adventure game from softkey which was really fun. That is why i want to buy many of their old games. I used to have no problems running the games on a windows 95. All this may sound pathetic to everyone but it means a lot to me.EDIT: I found out how to fix the pinball mania problems on a website that is written on the case. learningco.com but i searched the site but they have nothing on strikebase. I need to know how to contact the company on that problem.
Last edited by abyss on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I would like to know, first, where did you get pinball mania...
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I got pinball mania and strikebase and many other softkey games from futureshop back when they used to sell a lot of softkey games for 5 dollars. I went to the written on the inside of the pinball mania and strikebase disks which is learningco.com and i found out how to fix my problems on pinball mania which is caused by a corupt file and read the instructions on how to remove the problem. They had nothing on strikebase though. That is weird they have help on all their games except strikebase and now i need to know how to contact the company to fix the problem.
Last edited by abyss on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Aha, and you really plan on contacting a company that no longer gives a damn about its games, ask them to fix ONE crappy game(yes, IT IS crappy! to say the least) and one lowsy copy(I'm telling you, it's your copy)...

Well it's your free time anyways, but I'm telling you you're not going to get a reaction from them :P!
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I found the company website and they have help on all their games except strikebase. my problems caused by pinball mania have been fixed. The problem was that their was a corupt file. The company said to remove the corupt file and now the problem is fixed. I am still wondering how they did not fix the corupted file before the game was sold.
Last edited by abyss on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Right! mind you, I'd like to check on their website, what is it?
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

www.learningco.com. If you search the whole entire website you will find pinball mania and 1 of the problems says that the spider web logo is stuck on my computer and if you read through the solution of the problem it says their is a corupted file and tells you how to fix your problem. Here is the link to prove that their was a corupt file. http://support.learningcompany.com/fix. ... &printer=1

After that go to software help than click p than find pinball mania than find the Spider Soft Screen becomes windows background and click on it and then read all 7 steps to fix the problem
Last edited by abyss on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

So that's what has become out of Carmen Sandiego :blah:
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

If you click product support than click software help than click pinball mania than click Spider soft screen becomes windows background than you will know that i am not lying about the corupt file.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Bah! I never said you lied... it's just a piece of crappy software, and I just don't see why you struggle to get it up and running, despite it might be spyware :blah:
<center>
</center>

abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass

Post by abyss »

I grew up to softkey and i just wish The learning company would start selling some none educational games again. Soft key was my favourite Learning company product line and they have stopped producing the softkey games. I grew up to softkey and i want the dumb learning company to bring back softkey and how come all the games from softkey have heelp topics but strikebase does not have a help topic.