Coffee House tunes

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
guitarwhispers

Coffee House tunes

Post by guitarwhispers »

i was at swork (neat little local coffee shop near me in LA) last week studying for my bio test and heard this really cool cd that's apparently not out yet, but in limited release (how Swork got a copy). my friend is a barista there and he told me that it's called "Eclectic Cafe" and that it's released today(!) 6/20. i just got my copy a few hours ago. i knew a few of the artists on it, but the others are what made me really want to check it out when it came out. i recognized Aimee Mann, Moby, Theivery Corporation, and Duncan Sheik. it's a really mellow mix of music which made it really good for reading. i work at UMG and i really hope that we get a shipment in so i can get it for some friends! oh, and the site is it's www.watermusicrecords.com in the "chill" section if you want to listen :)
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

That sounds intruiging. I'm gonna check that out....

And I just did.
I like that CD....!
I want to go buy it now, but if it was just released in LA, then most likely it's not in Canada shelves yet....
I'll have to wait a bit, but that's definitly going on my list of stuff to buy.
:)
guitarwhispers

Post by guitarwhispers »

i just checked on amazon.ca (first possible canadian music site i could think of haha) and it says it should be out on June 27 for you guys > http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... 08-6584026 is the link for it (sorry for it being so long!). hope that helped. enjoy!
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Sweet, June 27th!
I can't buy off internet crud cause I don't have any internet paying account thingys set up. Nor do I have a reliable income flowing into my bank account.
But as soon as I've got....what, $15.00 or so, I'll definitly hit CD Plus to try and find it....
:)