Looking for a game that was a duke-lookalike

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
cloon

Looking for a game that was a duke-lookalike

Post by cloon »

I remember you started at the subway, you had to walk up and you got in the city, then i remember you were able to walk in a hospital and you could die pretty quick because there were some guards there..

Im trying to find this game it was alot like duke nukem 3d
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

You sure this isnt another episode of duke 3d?

OTherwise.
Blood by monolith
Redneck Rampage also by monolith (I think)
but cant recall anything about a hospital in either game though

Post by Guest »

Nope those aint it :(

Its not that big deal though.. I just remember it was a funny game to play, i had it as a demo on an old game disc collection
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

How did the guards look?

What weapons were there?
cazgotsaved
Expert
Expert

stryfe? or something

Post by cazgotsaved »

i know of...dang what's the name. Anyway you start in a prison cell actually, and you have to use your punchknife to get out and kill the guards. It was called...stryfe I think. Anyway, if that sounds at all like it then pm me and I'll find it.
franpa
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by franpa »

that sounds pretty much like wolfenstein 3d on a hard difficulty setting.
Intel Core2 DUO e6750 @ 2.66GHZ
Asus P5KC Mother Board
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
2 Gigabytes DDR2 800 RAM Dual Channel
500 Gigabytes SATA2 Hard Disk
Creative X-FI Extreme Music
BFG Geforce 8800gt 512mb PCI-E (OC1)
Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply
Thermaltake Armor+ MX Case.

Click here to download 'Milo The Fuel Run'. [More Information.]
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Re: stryfe? or something

Post by Frenkel »

cazgotsaved wrote:i know of...dang what's the name. Anyway you start in a prison cell actually, and you have to use your punchknife to get out and kill the guards. It was called...stryfe I think. Anyway, if that sounds at all like it then pm me and I'll find it.
It's spelled Strife.
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage
Mondor

Strife

Post by Mondor »

Strife began in sewers, not really a subway. After you kill two guards, you enter the city, and join the Resistance to fight against the alien invasion.

I must say, this game is much better than Doom, have a perfect story line, about 4 different endings, no levels, a lot of weapons, including two crossbows and a fantastic BFG9000 like weapon calling Siegel (the full name of the game was "Strife: a quest for Siegel", if I remember right). You could jump, crouch and strafe - things you couldn't do in Doom of that time (1996).

There are some decisions in the game you have to make, whom to kill and whom to kill later. There is alarm that sounds in case you kill "peasant" in the city, teleportation beacons, and what is the most beautiful - a team play. I don't mean the multiplayer, which works just fine, but the ability to drop a teleportation beacon that would call about 5-6 gunners to assist you. One of the "levels" is castle assault, where you fight with an army of men against an army of robots.

Perfect game, too bad it died right after release.

I have it somewhere, and can share if someone needs. The developer couldn't be contacted, the game is not on sale anywhere, so you can't acquire it "legally". Although correct me, if you can.
Icedragon
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Icedragon »

Maybe Shadow Warrior - made by 3D realms (same as Duke 3D).
Icedragon
cazgotsaved
Expert
Expert

Post by cazgotsaved »

there is a way to acquire it legally. pm me if u need to. but in all honesty, i really thought the game sucked. (But maybe that's just because I kept getting lost lol)
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

It sounds like TekWars by Capstone Software, the creators of the infamous Operation Body Count. i'm not sure if 'TekWars' is the exact name, so look up Capstone Software on Moby Games and look for it.
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

The source code of Tekwar is released and I think it includes the game data as well.
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage

Post by Guest »

Icedragon wrote:Maybe Shadow Warrior - made by 3D realms (same as Duke 3D).
Shadow Warrior, starts with you in a boat, the only weapon you start out with are a sword and some shurikens.