Flash movie: Back to the start Mario

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

For some reason whenever I see the word paparazzi I think pepperoni, then I think pizza, mmm pizza. :P Yeah this is going no where, what's your point?
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

:huh:

Annnnnyways. I submitted the Flash to a couple other sites, including PresstheButtons.com but Matt (who runs that blog, I've talked with him before) said he won't run it because it's too "political" :suspicious: So, I dunno. If anyone has ideas of other sites to submit this to, here's the link to the mirrors:

http://www.dosgames.com/backtothestartmario.html
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

WOW! My own mirror page! NICE screen shot btw! :D

It's funny, the same thing happened when I submitted it to Flashplayer.com, only I don't KNOW the guy so I just got one of those lame 'Thank you for your interest in contributing blah blah blah, but we can't accept it at this time.' :P

Also, important to note, this movie lost 5th place position at Newgrounds by 0.04 points in the votes, despite the fact I had a better review score than 4th and 5th position. Even 5th place movies get to be placed in the front page of Newgrounds which get upto 500,000 page views a DAY! :o It's sad but hey what can you do. Atleast I tried.

Thanks anyway Emmzee!
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Submitted it to www.i-am-bored.com hopefully it'll get posted there and get a few 1000 hits!

Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

I can tell from your silence they didn't post it there too huh? :(

So far you and Jorrit are the only adminstrators of ANY website that's approved of this Flash, which is sad because people really seem to like it wherever I post them in public places.

What I'm most upset about is not that they reject the Flash movie itself, but the very message. They decide for themselves what people like and what people don't like, and that really bugs me.

Anywayz, what can I do. It's pretty humiliating but atleast I tried, and that's all that really matters to me now.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Hmms. No they didn't post it either. This ... will take more cunning ploys!! :o :shifty:

Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Atta boy Emmzee! Show us your TRUE power B)
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Why not submit it to a few gaming sites around here.

Nintendo forums perhaps :P
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

I tried submitting it to Nintendo forums, but their registration form allowed only U.S. and Canadian members by law :rolleyes:
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

And, just so you know, that video made me a Coldplay fan.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I went to Nintendo Forums to post Chris's movie, jumped through all the hoops, registered, verified my e-mail, did all the crazy member innitiation stuff, (seriously took about half an hour), and now I'm not allowed to even make my own posts because I don't have a high enough member ranking. :Angry:

Does anyone here have thread posting access to Nintendo Forums? Do you just need enough posts, or do you need a moderator's permission to post?

*edit* Looked around some more, apparently I need to post for 3 days in the newcomer's section to be accepted into the rest of the community. Bah, oh well, will try again in 3 days...
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Wow, no kidding Thunderdog! Perhaps if you buy a Coldplay CD I can cash in some royalties somehow lol :laugh:

Btw thanks fer the effort Dogbreath, but Nintendo forums seem to be a VERY highly restricted place. It's all upto Emmzee (our saviour) now! :angel:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

lol well searched around for some Nintendo sites, and submitted it to 3 or 4 of those ... if I see a related thread on Joystiq, I'll post it in the comments there ...

BTW, pls people, it's "emmzee" not "Emm..." :D

emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Oh yea I forgot to mention, my brother posted it on the IGN boards (paid members only area so unfortunately non-members can't see it) and the post got like 40 replies. Most were positive, many said they liked the flash but the ending seemed "tacked on". There were also a few "COLDPLAY SUCKSSSS!!!!!!!!!111" posts ;) But overall ppl were positive 'bout it.

CAT WITH MONOCLE DOUBLE POSTS ... AGAIN! OH NOES!!! :wow:

Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

The Name Game

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Heh, no kidding. Either you're being modest or just reeeeally sensitive about your nickname.

While we're still on the subject of nicknames, (better make it quick) funny thing though, I never really intended to call myself Stevenson Christopher or Steve Chris. My real name is Santhosh Stephen Christudas ('Christudas' being my family name), but for some reason no one, not even my Indian friends called me Santhosh. It was always, 'Hey Chris' or 'What's up Stephen?' Santhosh (meaning happiness) is a pretty common name around here, and being one of the minority Christians round these parts, Stephen always seemed more recognizable so I kind of lost touch with my real first name for a long while

I decided to change it to Stephen son of Chrisudas. I hated Christudas, so I changed it to Christopher instead (just to piss my dad off) and to make it even MORE catchier and er... powerful? it became Stevenson Christopher. That was the pen name I wanted to keep whenever I did ANYTHING from now on, and Steve Chris would just be a shorten form for it.

All this information was just to clear any doubts some of you may have as to why a guy named Steve Chris looks like some south Asian dork :P

It's a pity though, cuz I really like my real first name Santhosh, but the spelling mistakes and horrible pronounciations by others, make me hate it all the more!! :Angry:
Last edited by Santhosh CHRiS on Tue May 30, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Kuddos to your brother emmzee!! Glad to hear it! Success at last and... Omigosh I made a double post too! Hmmm... the cat must be contagious :huh:

If you could post some replies there here that'd be cool :D

Btw don't forget to read my top post regarding my little name game :upset:
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

The - Makes me sound important.
Sinister - I'm evil! :P
Mastermind - I'm cleverer then you!

And that’s the history of my name...

I have however, over the years, (As in about 5 seconds ago when I thought of this) considered ‘Random Spank Monkey’. But that just sounds like some random kinky shit and is likely to give off the wrong impression... :huh: What? Err yeah, so anyway, if we've got some mirrors going I might post this at a few forums I go to, none sure how it'll be received but there's only one way to find out.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

That was awsome. :thumbsup:
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Hmm... so THAT was the rise of evil for The_Sinister_Mastermind :karate:

Anywayz, if you post it anywhere in any forum let me know immediately! As for how it will be recieved there weeeeell :blah: :huh: :angel: :cry: :love: :shifty: etc. etc.

Btw thanks Mr.Guimo! Glad you liked it!

Chalk up another fan for CHRiS lol

Ow I'm on fire... no seriously I am :o wherez the... Sinister... did you hide the fire extinguisher again? Naughty naughty :no:

Btw, why does it say Douglas Adams on top of my avatar??? :huh:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Here's a few of the comments from the IGN boards post:
<i>
"It was pretty good, IMO. The message at the end felt a little out of place and it seems a little bit unsual to talk about morals with Mario, but overall I liked it. The goomba and baby Mario in the beginning was my favorite part."

"it was awesome... until that lame hippy crap at the end. the rest was great tho"

"Wow, that was great. At first I thought it would be some lame crap about Mario dumping Peach, but that was totally worth watching."

"I didn't make it very far. I am about as far as you can get from a Coldplay fan, and I just couldn't stand it past the part where Mario jumped into the lava."

"If the text at the end was not there it would have been great."

"I liked it."

"I didn't know the disgust over the attrocities of men knew any political bounds. Although I agree the ending felt a little tacked on and seemed to have little relevance to Mario. I usually don't go for the 2D pixelated stuff in videos like these but I really enjoyed it. The production value could use a little work but it was so well done and the music fit in the same way opposites seem to attract. Coldplay and Mario aren't exactly symmetrical but it really works with the video."

"i thought the ending test was kind of trite...it would have been better if he just got his message across just using the flash vid.
i think its stupid to call it lame hippy crap though..."

"Very touching but most of the nerds on here have no feelings since they have to cover their lack of self confidenced ass's.
I cried (maybe not but I tried to :P)"

"Why did he mention a minor player like Osama Bin Laden? Replacing his name with Bush would have made more sense, as the destruction done by him are much greater... you don't have to try to be evil to cause massive damage if you are stupid ... that said, neither one of these deserve to be on the same list with Hitler, who destroyed much more, and whose intelligence was twice the one of the two others' combined - intelligence and a goal like his are a destructive combination"

"Very powerfull. I honestly got a little teary towards the end."

"I thought it was well made but Mario should not be political."

"Cold Play sucks."
</i>
Soooo there you have it lol :bday: