Game of the Week: Contra for NES

Add your own reviews of games here.
Dark Lord
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Game of the Week: Contra for NES

Post by Dark Lord »

I decided to start doing a game of the week on games that you might not have heard about of never played but are still great. Today, I'm going to do my favorite NES game ever, Contra. My scoring system is very simple. I'll write my score compared to the best. Example: 65/100
In Contra, you play the role of Bill (or Lance if your player two) and you have to destroy the evil Red Falcon. You blast your way through each level with anything you can ranging from a pistol to a plasma gun. This wonderful side-scroller is action packed.

Gameplay: The gameplay of this game is very smooth. You can do a wide variety of things from swimming to blowing up everything. 92/100

Graphics: By todays standards the graphics are pretty wimpy but for when it was made (1988) the graphics are amazing. 90/100

Story: There isn't really much of a story other than, aliens are here. Kill them. But that's a pretty cool story in itself. 67/100

Sound: The sound still amazes me, though it is low in todays standards. I still think it's cool though. 89/100

Fun Factor: This game is one of the most fun games I've played. The only other type of game like this that is more fun is NARC. 96/100

Overall: Overall this game is excellent unlessn you like to pick at every little thing. 91/100
Winner of the 2,000th member award!
patrick1493100

Post by patrick1493100 »

Contra is great, I'm a Contra fan!!!

Great rewiew Dark Lord...

Well, the story of contra is very strange: In USA all happens at the present; in Japan, in the future (Gryzgor - I think). And in Europe there are no Aliens and humans, just robots (Probotector)
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Im gunna try this..

Boots xbox with NES emu :laugh:
Frenkel
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Frenkel »

I'm more interested in a review about the Dos version of Contra, because this is a Dos gaming forum.
Groeten van Frenkel
Visit us at the Official S&F Prod. Homepage

Post by Guest »

Congradulations dumbass. Now get over it. :devil:
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Anonymous wrote:Congradulations dumbass. Now get over it. :devil:
Death be upon the N'wah.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

It requires Mo'slo and is CGA.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

I personally disliked these games. They are almost as frustrating as Narc, and not near as fun as Metal Gear. It doesn't have a story, and the enemies are repetitive.
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."