Even in 2005...

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Elign

Even in 2005...

Post by Elign »

...there are some unopened original copies of DOS games on store shelves. They are very cheap (under $5) and it looks like little or no people are buying them. Also they are getting a little bit dusty and the cardboard boxes are fairly wrinkled.

Nonetheless it is quite interesting that DOS gaming is still at the primary retail level in 2005, since DOS games dropped out of the mainstream in 1998, so it's been 7 years or endurance.

DOS gaming seems to be holding out stronger than Windows 3.1 gaming. So Emmzee did the right retro-gaming website choice. B)

I saw some DOS games for sale in Electronics Boutique and Radio Shack (stores that try to sell the newest games).

P.S.: While Atari and other vintage games have made a comeback on the shelves, those count as "new" since they are repackaged and remarketed, and they are designed for running on Windows, and other somesuch.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Eloctronic Arts is another one. They put SimGames into CD-ROm 1 of each (!) Don't know are Mo'Slo and DOSBox included. In malls and super markets.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Nostalgy. :thumbsup:
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Elign

Post by Elign »

That, or they've had a VERY hard time selling them.
cramhains
Expert
Expert

Post by cramhains »

I'll tell you a secret: I love old games and I hate new games (excluding MM 1 & 2...) :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
I see all. Warning, becareful what you do.
IF you are using Firefox, Netscape, or Internet Explorer, I could see you and where you live.
Eugene Esterly III
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Eugene Esterly III »

Well, in the Allentown, PA area, we have a store called Ollies which is a reseller, they purchase things that stores are unable to sell. They have a PC software area which contains games for Windows, DOS, Macintosh & Linux so there are times where Ollies ends up with old DOS games. For example, several years ago, I was able to get DOS versions of The Train: Escape To Normady, Impossible Mission 2, T2: The Arcade Game, Zeliard, Veganace Of Excalibur, Double Dragon 2, Magic Candle 3, Bloodstone, Corridor 7 & many other games.
Virax_Clone

Post by Virax_Clone »

I really wish we had a place in Boise Idaho that sold old games. I would go there to get all the games I grew up with instead of shopping around online at GameTZ.com and eBay.