Text-only, turn-based pet ownership simulation, kids’ game played 1985-86

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Onwithsean

Post by Onwithsean »

Text-only, turn-based pet ownership simulation, kids' game played 1985-86

Simulation, first-person, turn-based, text-only game for kids. Standard old school greenish text on black background. System unknown.

The first choice was what pet to get. I believe there were four options. One option was an elephant, but if you chose the elephant you would always lose because you could not buy enough food for it. Another option may have been a turtle.

On each screen you would read paragraph text of the situation and input your choice from a description of options. It used a single input, either a number or a function key selection but you didn't type in choices only selected from a list.

Played in an elementary school in the US around 1985-86. I believe we referred to it as "pet store" but have not been able to find that as a title so I'm not sure if that was part of the name or not.
Noaboss

Post by Noaboss »

Onwithsean wrote: Text-only, turn-based pet ownership simulation, kids' game played 1985-86

Simulation, first-person, turn-based, text-only game for kids. Standard old school greenish text on black background. System unknown.

The first choice was what pet to get. I believe there were four options. One option was an elephant, but if you chose the elephant you would always lose because you could not buy enough food for it. Another option may have been a turtle.

On each screen you would read paragraph text of the situation and input your choice from a description of options. It used a single input, either a number or a function key selection but you didn't type in choices only selected from a list.

Played in an elementary school in the US around 1985-86. I believe we referred to it as "pet store" but have not been able to find that as a title so I'm not sure if that was part of the name or not.
If it had a green display it might of been a commodore pet or apple II game, they had lots of text-based adventure games due to their graphic limitations.
ImageLemon64 Profile
Plays dos games way too much 'nuff said