Arrow Keys not working In Browser

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
BlakeStoned

Post by BlakeStoned »

Trying to play BoloBall in browser but the game won't recognize the arrow keys. Have tried in two different browsers (Samsung and chrome), both mobile but have physical keyboard connected and other keys recognized. Thoughts?

Game won't open on my mobile DosBox either but that's a different issue.
Noaboss

Post by Noaboss »

BlakeStoned wrote: Trying to play BoloBall in browser but the game won't recognize the arrow keys. Have tried in two different browsers (Samsung and chrome), both mobile but have physical keyboard connected and other keys recognized. Thoughts?

Have you checked to see if you have number lock on, that may be the cause
ImageLemon64 Profile
Plays dos games way too much 'nuff said
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

BlakeStoned wrote: Trying to play BoloBall in browser but the game won't recognize the arrow keys.
To clarify, are you trying to play from this page?
BlakeStoned

Post by BlakeStoned »

Noaboss wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:58 am
BlakeStoned wrote: Trying to play BoloBall in browser but the game won't recognize the arrow keys. Have tried in two different browsers (Samsung and chrome), both mobile but have physical keyboard connected and other keys recognized. Thoughts?

Have you checked to see if you have number lock on, that may be the cause
Numlock no effect
BlakeStoned

Post by BlakeStoned »

MrFlibble wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:06 am
BlakeStoned wrote: Trying to play BoloBall in browser but the game won't recognize the arrow keys.
To clarify, are you trying to play from dosgames.com?
Yes playing from that page in browser. Otherwise able to navigate the game controls, just the arrows no go.
BlakeStoned

Post by BlakeStoned »

Before it's asked, I've confirmed the arrow keys otherwise work in my browser, to scroll this page for example. I know this doesn't have a reasonable solution, I guess just curious if it's a global problem with that game considering it's also the only one I can get to run when downloading as well
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

BlakeStoned wrote: Yes playing from that page in browser. Otherwise able to navigate the game controls, just the arrows no go.
I just tried playing Bolo Ball from dosgames.com, and I cannot replicate your problem, the arrow keys work fine.

Have you tried any other games from the same site, do the keys work when playing in browser?

What OS do you have? Win/Mac/Linux/other?
karalinda

Post by karalinda »

One of the most common reasons you may not use the arrow keys is you've turned on the scroll lock. Look for the scroll lock button on your keyboard to see if you've enabled it. The button usually lights up. Press this button to disable it.which looks like a circular arrow. In Firefox, the refresh button is located in the top left corner of the browser window, and looks like a circular arrow.These two arrows navigate the browser back (the left arrow) to a previously viewed webpage or forward (the right arrow) to more currently viewed webpages. These buttons can be pushed more than once to cause the browser to go back or forward further to web pages rendered in a browser session's history.