Lego style, late 90s-early 00s, playstation 1/2, escape-puzzle game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
kamylka13

Lego style, late 90s-early 00s, playstation 1/2, escape-puzzle game

Post by kamylka13 »

Hello,

I am starting to think I imagined this game. I don't remember much apart from the fact that it was hard and awesome. I believe it was Lego but I went through all Lego games I could find and this wasn't there. So maybe it's not Lego but my memory is convinced it is.

The view is third person, from above at an angle, sorta 3D. The objective was to simply guide the Lego man from one side of the room to another by building a path for him going over obstacles. You have a selection of tools and platforms to choose from, like to go forward you choose a platform or tile with arrows pointing in the direction you want it to go. There were tiles to make him jump, some ropes I think and various other things I can't remember, possibly like teleport tiles? There were elements of the path that you couldn't alter and you had to work them into your final solution. Each stage was harder than the previous one. The little man didn't move until you pressed a button, so you could take your time building a path.

The graphics were quite simple and clean, I don't think the camera could spin or move, pretty sure it was fixed in one position. The textures were colourful but plain, not much detail, I do always think it was Lego, lots of square shapes, block colours etc.

Pretty sure it was playstation 1 or 2, but could have been pc (unlikely though). Late 90s, maybe early 2000s at a stretch. Could be some international game as it was probably some bootleg pirated copy my dad bought at a car boot sale (like most of my games back then).

That's all I can remember, I hope someone knows this game and I'm not crazy!