90´s medieval strategy pc game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
eriker23

Post by eriker23 »

hi, im looking for a old pc game i played a demo of it between years 95 and 99 im think it was an ms-dos game but im not entirely sure.

it was a strategy game with medieval theme and isometric view, i remember 2 missions of the demo, the main character was a girl who was some kind of commander of his realm

on the first mission you have to survive an horde of bandits on a small castle with some soldiers, archers and your character that you could move around

after that mission there are two scenes using the game graphics, on the first scene the leader of the bandits show himself, he is some kind of giant who takes you as a prisioner

the second scene dont ask why but you are now on his side and you see him losing a big battle against an army then you start the second mission where you are retiring with the remains of the bandits and you need to cross an old and cursed cementery, there you fight against zombies and other undead things, i dont remember if there was another mission after that because im not sure if i get to complete that mission
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I don't remember any RTS game (I'm assuming it is an RTS?) similar to what you describe outright, but for some reason your description made me think about Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus.

Also maybe look at Kingdom Under Fire.

Nether of these are for MS-DOS though. I do not know of a DOS strategy game which would be like yours.
eriker23

Post by eriker23 »

yes, it was an rts game i assumed it was an DOS game but since i was at max 6 years old i cant be sure, also on that time i remeber that i used to play demos that came on a cd in magazine but i am not sure if this is the case.

Also on those games you mencioned the view is too close, i remember a view more like an age of empire but without town management and when your clicked on a unit you could move the whole unit not just one soldier
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

eriker23 wrote: Also on those games you mencioned the view is too close, i remember a view more like an age of empire but without town management and when your clicked on a unit you could move the whole unit not just one soldier
Maybe look at the following:
Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns

Also here are lists of everything that MobyGames has tagged real-time strategy for DOS (doesn't seem to contain anything like your game) and Windows:
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... ist-games/

Maybe also this list of games tagged Strategy with RPG as the second genre (MobyGames classifications can get confusing!):