[PC][around 1988] Horror Adventure First Person Haunted Manor

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
anmattos

Post by anmattos »

Platform(s): PC (DOS)

Genre: Adventure

Theme: Horror

Estimated year of release: 1988

Graphics/art style: I played the graphics in CGA (maybe EGA, but most probably CGA). The graphics were "realistic", but in black and white. The scenes were presented in 1st person perspective and were all 2D.

You were able to walk around the house changing the scenes. The first screen of the game shows a haunted manor.

The graphic style was more or less like "Uninvited" or "Transylvania" when playing on CGA mode.

Notable characters: None that I can remember.

Notable gameplay mechanics: As far as I remember the scenes took the entire screen. There were no menus, inventory or maps. I think it had no save system either.

Other details: The game look and feel like "The Last Half of Darkness". However, as far as I remember there were no maps or inventory on the screen, and I played it on CGA, while "The Last Half of Darkness" needs at least EGA. Maybe it's the same game, but an older version?

The game fit in a 720kb floppy disk, if I'm not mistaken.

I also know that the game is not:

Shadowgate

Uninvited

Hugo's House of Horrors

Transylvania

Deja Vu
anmattos

Post by anmattos »

Anyone?
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I cannot say I recognize it; black & white sometimes is CGA on a monochrome screen, maybe there was colour if a colour monitor was available?

Closest thing with a manor at the start that I have played would be 'The Colonel's Bequest', but this is a typical detective adventure where you *see* the protagonist on the screen.

Hmm, haunted meaning ghosts I guess? 'Dark Seed' was more horror style, but it is a bit later.
anmattos

Post by anmattos »

Rwolf wrote: I cannot say I recognize it; black & white sometimes is CGA on a monochrome screen, maybe there was colour if a colour monitor was available?

Closest thing with a manor at the start that I have played would be 'The Colonel's Bequest', but this is a typical detective adventure where you *see* the protagonist on the screen.

Hmm, haunted meaning ghosts I guess? 'Dark Seed' was more horror style, but it is a bit later.
Thank you for the reply. But are not those...