Pc RPG gorey game with greensleeves as ost [Dink Smallwood]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Yarome

Post by Yarome »

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and I was looking for a pretty old game I remember playing on my computer back when there was no internet. I can't specify the year because I was simply too little to remember.

The game was 2D and was kinda pixel-art ish, but I think it was due to visual limitations, it wasn't a pixel art game per se. It was in color, and you could move around a farm with your keyboard, but I don't remember if you could move with your mouse. I do remember that the perspective was isometric and that the story was pretty dark and depressing. You started as a kid in a farm, and I think you were abused by your family and some family member died. I don't remember if it was your father dying or something, but you had to leave your village to go to a nearby village, and on the way you could (and I remember this perfectly) hurt some chickens/ducks and they would run around with no head, leaving a trail of blood behind, everything while greensleeves was sounding in the background. As I say, the general mood was super depressing.

I remember that when you went back from the other village, your own village was on fire, and everyone had died. I was so little that I was super scared of the game, and I couldn't get past the few first levels, I always got killed and eventually was scared of the vibe of the game.

Considering that I didn't have money as a kid to buy games, and pretty sure this game was included in one of those cds with demos back in the day. It can't be much older than 1995 because I was born that year and I don't believe that I inherited the cd from my parents (they don't like videogames that much).

I tried to search for the game nowadays and I didn't find anything, since the information is very vague. The only thing I remember vividly is the soundtrack with greensleeves and the headless chickens running around and filling the whole farm with blood. I don't know if it will be enough to find it.

Thank you for your help!

Edit: in case some clarification was needed, the artstyle was not cartoonish at all, it wasn't an RPGmaker style, more of a "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura" (I haven't actually played that game but the perspective and colors are similar to what I remember that game to have)
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pc RPG gorey game with greensleeves as ost

Post by emmzee »

Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Yarome

Post by Yarome »

Damn, that was fast! Yes, it's definitely that one! Thank you so much!!