A game in which the character had a blue arm [Asghan: The Dragon Slayer]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
bayu

Post by bayu »

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'd like to ask for your help. I don't speak English very well for which I apologize but I will try to explain it as good I can.
I'm looking for a game that I played a long time ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember many details, but what stuck in my memory is that the character in this game had a blue metal arm. It was 3d game but the graphics were rather poor because I think the game was from the 90s or maybe the early 2000s. This game was graphically and styled like Gothic probably (maybe a little worse). The view was from behind the character and was more or less the same size as in Ghotic. I remember that you could eat an apple that renewed health points and then the character threw an apple on the ground. I think that the beginning of this game started on the beach ... I'm not sure but I remember some broken boat on this beach. The character was probably shirtless and had a metal blue magic (?) arm.

I have never used any forum before but I have been looking for this game for years now. I found almost all the games I was looking for, except this one. Please help
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

A game in which the character had a blue arm.

Post by Rwolf »

You did not mention the platform you played it on, but for PS2/PS3 there is a game called 'God Hand' which might have some similarities?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/god-hand
bayu

A game in which the character had a blue arm

Post by bayu »

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, Im not sure which platform it was, but it could be a PC. It was more like fantasy based medieval game like Enclave maybe or Ghotic. The game could look like this ... his metal blue arm could be right or left.
Attachments
Repaint of ghotic screenshot. (it is not the game Im looking for). The game could look like this .. his metal blue arm could be right or left
Repaint of ghotic screenshot. (it is not the game Im looking for). The game could look like this .. his metal blue arm could be right or left
Untitled-Artwork_11zon.jpg (81.38 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
bayu

Post by bayu »

Thank you Mr Flibble.
Unfortunately, this game is not in any of the lists.
Elia1995

Post by Elia1995 »

Hi, I do remember few games that had some details focused on the character's arm(s)... since you mentioned a metallic arm, I could think of Bionic Commando, but it's rather new (2009) and the robotic arm isn't blue.
Another third person game I could suggest would be "God Hand", but the arm basically becomes yellow/orange...

Could you remember if his arm is like that since the beginning or it's some sort of equippable item perhaps? There are some blue metallic equippables in some RPGs, even WOW has some, but I 100% doubt it's WOW because it's way too popular (although maybe playing it only once as a kid and remembering one little detail of it, could be also possible...)

Something related to the color "blue" and the arms can also be found in Wolfenstein (the remake from 2009) and BioShock, but they're FPS games, not third person ones...
graphically, tho, God Hand is the closest to your description, being a very old game, but no blue arm... yellow/orange :|
bayu

Post by bayu »

Hello!
Thank you very much for your reply.
Unfortunately, none of these games are the one I am looking for. There were no robotic elements or that kind of things... it was closer even to the pirate climate because the moment that fell into my memory was on the beach. This arm was metallic but it looked more like a part of medieval armor. This game had worse graphics for sure and it was definitely medieval, fantastic, sword and magic atmosphere. I am quite sure that this hand could not be put on and was from the very beginning and also I think there was even no equipment or bag like in WoW or it was very poor. Thank you for your time and willingness to help.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Hmm...looking through various pics through Google I found a character called Zoro from the One-Piece Pirate anime/manga series who sometimes has what looks like a blue arm & sword; there are also games made based on this series since around 2000, but I have not played any of them, so I cannot say if it is relevant.
bayu

Post by bayu »

I didn't know this anime is so old even though I know it well and that's unfortunately not the game, but thank you very very much for trying to help.
bayu

Post by bayu »

I can't believe it but my brother found this game for me. :cry: The game I was looking for is called Asghan: The Dragon Slayer and it's from 1998. A lot of things I remembered were right. Even the drawing is a bit like the opening scene from this game. Thank you all for your help and I am posting this to help if someone else would find it useful. :no1:
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Nice; he's wearing an arm&shoulder protective sleeve-armour, not so much blue but still very like your picture.
Mobygames link: Asghan: The Dragon Slayer

Thanks for the update!