A game I made myself

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
na010894 and Jay

A game I made myself

Post by na010894 and Jay »

Hi Emmzee, here's a game you can put on DOSGAMES.COM if you want to.

http://students.cna.nl.ca/~na010894/letter10.zip

It's called Letter Targets, and it's similar to Hangman and Wheel of Fortune. Created in QuickBasic 4.5 and is GNU GPL freeware (source included).

na010894 and Jay

Post by Guest »

I just finished making another game!

http://students.cna.nl.ca/~na010894/dgrab101.zip

Diamond Grabber, get all the diamonds in the maze!
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

I like your first one... Just started downloading the second.
Webmaster- <a href="http://www.dosgames.com/~bobo">Bobo's DOSGames</a>
^ Biggest Dos 3D Shooters site in the World! :)
Total Games = <b>201</b>
Over <b>100900</b> Downloads since 2004
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Any reason why you're posting as a guest? Or your IP suddenly switched on us? (New server?)

na010894 and Jay

Post by Guest »

Hey Dogbreath!!! Whaddya at!

I closely examined the rules before I created the extra account. If the rules said I wasn't allowed to create a 2nd account, I would not have done it. I thought it was OK since I didn't have a user name like "Britney_Spears" or "George_W_Bush" to make you think I was a singer or the president. I didn't intend to use it for long, I just found 486 P's old English quite amusing and thought to expand on it.

Then Kazer0 calls me a jackass! Sheesh! Ya don't have to call me a jackass to get me to do what you want me to do. K0 could have asked nicely and I would have stopped using that account just as easily. I got depressed and locked myself out (changed e-mail and stuff).

Please change my e-mail back to [email protected] and I will do the rest and start using my na010894 account again.

Get rid of NOSPAM.

P.S.: If you've downloaded Diamond Grabber from the link above, get this new version now:

http://students.cna.nl.ca/~na010894/dgrab11.zip

I fixed a few bugs.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

I did tell you to stop, then you continued. So I did call you that. And making fun of other members english is flaming and is in the rules. Don't question me on the rules, I wrote them. (And DB helped ;))

PS: DB: Roadrunner users are known to have EXTREMELY dynamic and anonomus IPs.
Kazer0 judges Jay guilty

The attack of the angry moderator!

Post by Kazer0 judges Jay guilty »

Because you're a mod, I have to take you seriously. Your word is absolute in this forum (unless an admin disagrees). Therefore, in this forum, I am a "jackass". Outside this forum, I am NOT! Too bad it took very little effort to make you call me a jackass. Me and you could have been great friends if you gave me just a tiny bit of freedom. And too bad the rules don't mention multiple accounts.

Although I've made mistakes, you had no need to react like you did. You treat me as though I committed great iniquity, as though I tried hard to make you call me a jackass. A bit of friendliness could go a long long way!

Ooooh! It seems like I did the worst thing anyone ever did in a forum. Is it that easy to make you angry? And I had no idea I did wrong by using old English. I didn't think it would be a problem. And it is NOT flaming!

But Kazer0, as a mod, your word is absolute in this forum unless an admin disagrees. If you hate me and want me to leave, then say so NOW! If I will be forever a jackass in this forum, then say so NOW! You're the boss here. What I did I did not know that it was wrong and the rules couldn't tell me I did wrong. And if that was flaming, there's a MASSIVE AMOUNT of flaming going on in this forum (comedy, jokes, sarcasm, etc.)!!!
Jackass b/c K0 said so!

slip and go

Post by Jackass b/c K0 said so! »

Kazer0 wrote:Roadrunner users are known to have EXTREMELY dynamic and anonomus IPs.
I unplugged my cable modem to protect my second partition from the Blaster worm. So the DHCP gave me another IP.

(Second post added for emphasis. Never thought it was so easy to start a conflict with a moderator.)
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I call close friends Jackasses at times when I feel like it- don't take K0's words too seriously, chances are he wasn't trying to be all that offensive. (FWIW, mods can make mistakes too-he was probably having a bad day) In any case, why don't you try PMing him and talking over what he said? That'd probably get a better responce.
I closely examined the rules before I created the extra account. If the rules said I wasn't allowed to create a 2nd account, I would not have done it. I thought it was OK since I didn't have a user name like "Britney_Spears" or "George_W_Bush" to make you think I was a singer or the president. I didn't intend to use it for long, I just found 486 P's old English quite amusing and thought to expand on it.
The issue wasn't about the extra account (you've used at least 3 so far, though we'd prefer you stick to one) in so much as you using it to make fun of 486 player. In any case, there was and is no punishment for what you did, just stick to your main account in the future. (If you have a problem with it's name you can always have an admin change it)

Note: Your nick should be operational now.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

O.o
Kazer0

Re: slip and go

Post by Kazer0 »

Jackass b/c K0 said so! wrote:
Kazer0 wrote:Roadrunner users are known to have EXTREMELY dynamic and anonomus IPs.
I unplugged my cable modem to protect my second partition from the Blaster worm. So the DHCP gave me another IP.

(Second post added for emphasis. Never thought it was so easy to start a conflict with a moderator.)
Um... no. You have used on this forum over 50 seperate IP addresses. It has nothing to do with unplugging the modem.

Post by Guest »

Sorry then. I thought imitating someone was a complement, not an insult (about 40000 Elvis Presley fakes!). And 486 player, if I offended you, sorry. I thought you had nice style. Ummm... didn't think it was this easy to make a mistake. I had no intention of harassing 486.

Kazer0: If every cop was like you, there'd be no crime at all!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Or every police force corrupt and with a fetish for donuts... oh wait, that's Wardrich. ;)

Post by Guest »

My account is not activated (or inactive) or something. I tried the forgot my password option but it didn't work.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

hey i had the same problem

If you are using hotmail check your junk mail inbox..
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Try again.
Interon

Post by Interon »

Worked. Thanks a lot!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

You're welcome. In the future, try not to lock yourself out of your own account. :)
Interon

Post by Interon »

Sure enough, DB.
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Dogbreath wrote:Or every police force corrupt and with a fetish for donuts... oh wait, that's Wardrich. ;)
Or the once called JTA.