have a picture of old game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
roboticmehdi

have a picture of old game

Post by roboticmehdi »

I have been looking for this one. I don't remember much about the game except that I and my mother especially enjoyed playing it. Really would be great to play it again. So here we go:

Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Looks like a sidescroller with ladders, I get kind of a Prince of Persia meets Lode Runner vibe.

The computer looks like a pc clone in the 486-pentium era. Do you remember around what year you played?

I don't directly recognize it, but take a look at games like:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/fredd ... ue-roundup
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dark-ages ... of-destiny

Could be an Epic Megagames or Apogee shareware game, look through their lists.

And plenty of other platformers-with-ladders games, but that's got a pretty specific old-fashion look; black background, blue ladders, blue/grey "stone/brick" walls. Gives off more a VGA vibe to me than CGA, maybe torches and a multi color hero?

Do you remember if it was an action game, or more an adventure/maze type game?
roboticmehdi

Post by roboticmehdi »

The computer was pentium 2 or 3, 133 MHz if I remember correctly, 196 Mb ram, windows 98 se. We played it around 2002-2003 maybe, but the game of course could be older than that. I am from post soviet country so computers here were lagging behind from west (I know its kinda old pc for 2002)

I look at those games, seems none of those. I too think it is dos game VGA, and looks like torches and colored player. I dont remember game genre.

My mom sure loved playing lode runner as well but I scanned lots of lode runner games screenshots and it doesnt seem to be any of those. Also, notice the hud at the bottom of screen.
Mobkiller326

Post by Mobkiller326 »

It might be Jetpack I recognize the game design, but I can't make out enough details to know for sure there is a couple others that were similar, but I can't remember the names of them can you think of any details that were in the game. Maybe what the goal of the game was or what any of the enemy's were like.
roboticmehdi

Post by roboticmehdi »

I checked but it is not Jetpack. I remember nothing about the game, only have this picture. Any help would be great.