Old Dos Kingdom/Stategy game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Mazhron

Old Dos Kingdom/Stategy game

Post by Mazhron »

I don't remember a whole lot, but this is what I do remember.

It was kingdom game where you had to build an army, hire heroes, train them, etc.

There were different races, humans, elves, dwarves, etc.

There was magic. 4 elements? I'm not sure.

At the beginning of the game, during the animation which I believe was an old man that made me think of a mage/wizard he stated at the end of the animation, "The land of Astaria (sp?) awaits."

During the game, events would happen, and this old, deep mans voice would come on and state things like "The elves of (wherever) are formidable warriors. Perhaps you should try and recruit them."

Battle was real time. I believe the units were all 2D, and you took control of one of them during the battle.

Any help at all in finding this game would be most appreciated!
Maz
Icedragon
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Icedragon »

Heores of might and magic springs to mind, though the battles are not real time.
Icedragon
Mazhron

:-(

Post by Mazhron »

Yeah, no might and magic happening here. This pre-dates that. I wish I could remember more, but what I put down is all that I could remember.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

A Bards tale?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Wally wrote:A Bards tale?

Have you EVER played A Bard's Tale Wally? Seriously? Or are you just talking out your ass?

(A Bard's Tale is a 3D, turn based, pc speaker rpg, set in Skara Brae. It literally matched 0% of the above description)