dos game blogging

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
carbontwelve

dos game blogging

Post by carbontwelve »

I started writing these months ago but only recently had enough spare time to get to work on them. I am currently finishing off a series of blog articles on dos games from my childhood. I wrote this one on Kareltima III yesterday and published it today, I shall have one a day published if things go to plan.

This is the first in the series, I have x-com, dune II, mission mainframe, c-dogs, battle chess, dungeon of death, duke nukem, populous, settlers II gold, dungeon keeper and a ton more coming.

http://photogabble.co.uk/2009/06/09/dos ... g-machine/

it would be nice to have some feedback :)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Interesting article, if you're an ol'games adept.
However, I would like it to see it a bit more detailed regarding the gameplay....

* Game is still on my list of 'must try' games .... time time, not enough free time :(...*
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Very nice!

I'll try and play this soon. (love the 10 kb(!) download size)
carbontwelve

Post by carbontwelve »

I hope you like it, it does parody many games of that time and has a lot of crudeness in it but I still find it funny. I think I must have been 10 or 11 when I first found it so even then while not understanding much of the humour I found it interesting enough to spend hours playing.

The second article is now available here on mission mainframe with a download http://photogabble.co.uk/2009/06/10/dos ... mainframe/

I wrote this one the same time as the first so haven't had time to implement the feedback you guys gave. The next one is on x-com (without download because the rights owners still sell it) and I have included a lot more detail in it. May add to the others as well but as we all know, busy people :laugh:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Thanks for uploading these games, I'll take a look at 'em and hopefully add them to DOSGames.com during my next update. (Which should occur sometime between tomorrow and the end of the universe.)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament