War on Mumbai :-(

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

War on Mumbai :-(

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Today the whole of India came to a standstill as terrorists rampaged the city of Mumbai heartlessly destroying everything and everyone that stood in their way with bombs and machine guns taking hostages. The death toll has gone past 100 with over 200 fatally wounded which included mostly innocent civilians and several policemen. Some of our family friends and relatives are living in Mumbai. Thankfully they are all safe but the terror still remains as only 6 of the 20-25 terrorists have been captured and not all the bombs have been safely deactivated or found. There is still some heavy shooting going on in the crowded streets and now as night approaches things could only get worse. They've attacked the most crowded sectors of Mumbai city and several 5-star hotels. The death toll continues to rise and we're all very very afraid of the horrors we might find when we wake up tomorrow morning especially those kept as hostages.

This news has made me totally distraught and I haven't been able to think clearly all day and neither have the people at my workplace or home.

This has been the worst act of terrorism our country has ever faced and right now being called India's 9/11. I am posting this here just so you can pray that things do get better soon.

You can get more details s of this terrible utter travesty on innoscent human lives these blood thirsty terrorists are causing at the following link.

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14806524
Last edited by Santhosh CHRiS on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

A lovely world we live on, isn't it?
:blah:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I will be keep you and your country in my prayers.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Eminutia
Banned

Post by Eminutia »

Islamic Fundamentalists? Al Qaida? Hmm..terrorism will never be over. I pray for your country. Praise God for he will do all things you cannot do for yourselves.
________
[URL=http://]link snipped[/URL]
Last edited by Eminutia on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

So they struck against foreigners?

Sickos...
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

emmzee wrote:I will be keep you and your country in my prayers.
Thanks emmzee!

Sorry I couldn't post earlier. We've been having some floods here and that knocked down all the internet cables. Anywayz the whole situation has come under control now. The death toll is said to reach 200 now with about 155 of them innoscent civilians. Another 318 or so are critically injured.

The original plan of the terrorists was to kill at least 5,000 people but thankfully that has been prevented. All the bombs have been defused and gun fire has ceased and hopefully things will get back to normal.

The terrorists had come from Pakistan using a ship and then jumped into the water and hijacked a fisherman boat to escape the coast guards. Once in the city they planted bombs wherever they could pretending to tourists or something. I think their main anger was towards the rich folks and foreigners of India cuz most of the bombs were kept in 5-Star hotels like Taj, Trident etc.

Only the devil knows whatz going on in the minds of these misguided individuals :(
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I reckon they do a lot of drugs... I mean lots...

There's some sort of pattern between all these attacks.

1. First was in September
2. Second was on October
3. This one was in November

Could December next year be plotted somewhere?

Security here in Australia has been pretty strong since the first attack in the US, and has been stronger since others. It seems that the Federal Police get the Terrorists before they do any damage every bloody time.

Wally

Wally
sreelakshmi

Post by sreelakshmi »

no WALLY
they eat only dry fruits as per recent news and it also said that the terrorrists were only 10 can u BELIEVE dat !! what if more would hav come
they all belong to lashkar toyiba group of terrorists and they had enough explosives to blow off taj IT WAS THEIR MAIN AIM but they underestimated taj and india
we r definetely going to recover back , come back we arent numbs just to fear ,shut down and sit in our houses
the main thing to blame is the indian government they didnt take any neccesary steps to eradicate terrorism
the ministers just came to sympathize the majors and commandos of army and navy after their death served them right bcoz they were not allowed into houses and were thrown out
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Okay...
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Wally wrote:I reckon they do a lot of drugs... I mean lots...

There's some sort of pattern between all these attacks.

1. First was in September
2. Second was on October
3. This one was in November

Could December next year be plotted somewhere?

Security here in Australia has been pretty strong since the first attack in the US, and has been stronger since others. It seems that the Federal Police get the Terrorists before they do any damage every bloody time.

Wally

Wally
Hmm... you could be on to something Wally. My sincere hope that Australia's federal police keep up the good work and the Indian police could learn a thing or too as well. I have to say though here it's nearly impossible because the population is staggeringly high! We try our best to prevent them but every now and they outsmart us:(
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Well they came over on a boat..

India needs better border control!

Wally
nickelback11

Post by nickelback11 »

not just they struck against foreighners but also against india's land and people!
these people are mad!