Requesting old dos game *adventure/rpg, it's either one*

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.

Requesting old dos game *adventure/rpg, it's either one*

Post by Guest »

Ok there is this game that I've played when I was young and I can't remember the title of it, yet I can draw a picture of what it looked like. The part of the screen to the left was for walking on the overworld and killing monsters. There was a food system, which went up to 100 points. If it was at 0, then your HP would start to lower. If you died, you would lose exp, equips, items, money, and some levels. You could save anywhere *such as the middle of a cave* and when you reload the game, you'll be left off exactly where you saved. There were also these wells that, if you drink out of them, increase your stats *strength dexterity intelligence, etc*, lower them, give you levels, give you money, or kill you. I think those are some of the categories though, but either there are a few more, or some of these are different. There were 3 categories of equips *armor, shield, and weapon* and there were skills in the game. If you don't understand, look at the link here and download the pic.
w ww .medi afire.com/downl oad .php?5t uyqrwmi nw
Yes, I made it off paint, but I had no choice but to. Anyways I think it's just about correct, although the screen to the right should probably be replaced by the monster, but then again I don't know. I believe it's correct though. Any questions feel free to ask, and it would be greatly appreciated if someone knew the name of this game and knew the link to downloading it. Thanks^^

PS: Remove spaces in the link.

Click -->> Image
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Added thumbnail@your post.

About your game: doesn't ring a bell.
There are waaaaaayyyyy too many of those.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Castle of the Winds?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Your description isn't bad, but, as dosaider said, there are hundreds of games like this.

Maybe Valhalla/Ragnarök? That's one of the only graphical rpgs I know of that has a food counter.

Speaking of which, a couple questions that could help...

What language was it in?
What classes of character could you pick from?
Any story/plot elements that seemed unique? That's probably the best way to id your game.
Guated

Post by Guated »

sounds a lot like might and magic. The later ones made it so you can view the world map as you're moving around insted changing the way you're traviling. I only play might and magic 3 and 6. The food dependacy just reminded me of the game. The one you're looking for might be early versions
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Is you game Questron II by Strategic Simulations, Inc.? That was one of my favourite games and a popular game during the 80s. There are others in the series. There are quite a few of these kind of games with simplier graphics and almost similar concept like Sword ____ (something) or other titles.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Long time no see, JKSM! How's it been?

Questron II looks almost identical to Ultima, and Ultima has a food counter too. It'd probably be Ultima I-XI, though.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Dogbreath wrote:Long time no see, JKSM! How's it been?

Questron II looks almost identical to Ultima, and Ultima has a food counter too. It'd probably be Ultima I-XI, though.
Things are fine, thanks. How's things with you, anything exciting going on? :D

I finally remember the name I wanted to suggest. Is it Sword Quest 1 or Sword Quest 2? I have the shareware verson of Sword Quest on 3 1/2 inch floppy but do not have the floppy drive any more so can't upload it. :( However, you can find the full game on some abandonware sites when you do a google search.

The reason that I suggested Questron and Sword Quest is that they have fight blobs, restart in centre etc. If the game graphics are as cartoony as the picture you post, then it is closer to Sword Quest.

See picture: