Help With Vista

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
pcxt21

Help With Vista

Post by pcxt21 »

I recently built a NEW computer and put vista 64-bit on it. Now it seems that i cannot male it connect to the internet for the life of me. It always says that i have limited or no connectivity.

I have tried messing with everything i can think of and it stubbornly won't work.

Please Help me!!
Ahh F-19, spend 40 minutes on a slow stealthy approach drop a bomb and spend another 30 flying back to base. 70 minutes of pure bliss...
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

LAN connection via ethernet router it seems?
You really give very detailed info on your hardware
:blah:
Try this:
open your browser and input for adress:
http://192.168.1.1 (this is the most usual, can be another eventually, read the router's docs or go to the 'brand_name' site))

And there it all depends of the brand of your router and your ISP what your inputs in the fields must be.

The 'limited' is a good sign, it means that Vista recognises your router and it is connected correctly.
Only thing missing is your ISP server, login and pass.
Once you have established your internet connection it's easy as what, use Vista's network wizard->new connection-> select your router and there you go.

Be sure that your LAN icon is on your tray (active icons section) when you want to connect to the internet rightclick on that icon, choose (highlight) the according connection (if you ain't on a network it will show only one) and click connect.

And read the darned documentation.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
pcxt21

Post by pcxt21 »

Thanks for the advice but i directly connect to a broadband modem. I have tried re-setting that which had no effect.
Ahh F-19, spend 40 minutes on a slow stealthy approach drop a bomb and spend another 30 flying back to base. 70 minutes of pure bliss...
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Oh my ...
What kind?
My son had a Thomson SpeedTouch 330 -->> non-compatible with all Vistas.
He had to buy a new one.
:(
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
pcxt21

Post by pcxt21 »

I've got an ARRIS modem, with model NO.TM402P/110.

Worked fine on my old dell. Did i mention i have Comcast as a service provider?
hope that helps some.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

In 'Run' command:
cmd /k ipconfig /all
Should give you the needed info to access your settings.

Hmmm, you're not the first one:
http://www.computing.net/windowsvista/w ... m/963.html