Tracon

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
ribsa3

Tracon

Post by ribsa3 »

Hi there

I know this is a bit outside the mainstream genres, but I still brave asking if anybody here has the manual for, or remembers the strategies and commands to the old, yet excellent ATC simulator game Tracon/Tracon II/Tracon for Windows!

I get the games running just fine, and I remember mostly everything about handling air traffic. I just seem to find myself lacking the knowledge to land the planes. I get nothing but missed approaches:

- Give the flights a nice vector to the localizer
- Decend to a lower altitude, eg. 3000 [Down]
- Reduce airspeed to 200 [Ins]
- Hand off/clear to land [End]

Anyway - no matter how perfect it all looks from my side of the scope, I always get missed approaches, and I can't find any instructions online for the life of me!

Hopefully, someone here has the 1337 B) skills needed to get me back on track.

Many thanks in advance!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
ribsa3

Post by ribsa3 »

Excellent document and an excellent suggestion, but unfortunately, it does not relate to the Tracon game by Wesson International!

:karate:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Yeah, I know it's not related directly to the game, but as the game is basicly a TRACON simulator ...... :D

Now the have the TRACON game @ HotUs (Dosversion)
http://www.hotud.org/Simulation/Tracon.html

But not the manual. Or it's not online yet, they still are putting the site back together, maybe ask on their forum if someone has the manual? You never know.

[Edit]
And the W3.1 version...
http://www.hotud.org/Simulation/Tracon-for-Windows.html
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
ribsa3

Post by ribsa3 »

Thanks again! :)