Wizardry 1

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
melkoren

Wizardry 1

Post by melkoren »

Ok, I got the game to work by using the start game option, but I don't think there was a character creation or anything, and there were some characters listed at the inn, I have to choose one of those and can't create my own, is that right?

Splitted from http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12188 , nothing to see with get games to work. ~dosraider
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

If *IF* I remember swell you pick a char@ Gilgamesh cave or tavern ..... or so .... and create a password to be able to continue with that char?
Fool around a bit, you'll find it sooner or later, or not.

BTW, don't expect an easy game .....

[Edit]
There was also the savegame thing, you only saved your progress/stats when closing the game when you were in the labyrinth, it was automatically saved.
When you launch the game after a successful save you will have an extra option, 'restart out party' or similar.

Maybe you should best download the quick ref card and the manual from
replacementsdoc.com

Should you need a PDF reader:
Foxit , fast, small and freeware.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I think you need to go to the training grounds to create a character, then go back to Gilgamesh tavern and add him/her to your party. I've only played the SNES version of the game, though. Could be different for DOS.

(If you want the SNES version, btw, get an account here and send me a private message. I'll upload it and give you a private link to the rom for a day or so. Alternatively, you could probably find it with google. It's got far, far superior graphics)