just wondering

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
tomrel

just wondering

Post by tomrel »

hello people i just wanted to know if you have any advice(being tutorials,help, what not) for me to create console games in c++ i know c++ just not stuff like this
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

try www.planetsourcecode.com then in C++ select games.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

if you go to the Game Programming part of the Game Hippo forum, you'll probably get more responses. About 1/2 of the Game Hippo community creates games, many with C++.
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

And the other half plays them and complains about messed-up storylines and bugs.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

What version of C and C++ is the best.

I am thinking about buying borland c++ 3.1 off of ebay with all the manuals. It works for dos and windows 3/3.1

Just wanted to start getting into programming again. Visual basic/VC++ is ok for quick stuff but I want to get into real programming
ammar

Post by ammar »

hi from rana,project leader in chian,
laogaming

Post by laogaming »

I prefer Visual C++ over borland turbo C any day, though Turbo C is good for starting out, VC++ is the thing to make 3d games with.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

Well if your doing a 2d game would Visual C++ be about the same as Borlands Turbo C?
codingmonk

Post by codingmonk »

My two cents...

No... Visual C++ would be faster and more reliable. Plus if you are using C++, over Turbo, you have a more wider range of wrappers, and API's and SDK's when it comes to using your choice of how you want to display your graphics/bit images to the screen.

Edit: Also the best version of C++ is MS Visual C++ 6.0. I would use .NET, but there really hasn't been a good enough reason for me to switch over yet, well unless I want to make a major 3d game, then I might use .NET, but then still .NET and 6.0 are still so alike, well expect of the clear syntax markings that .NET does for you.
Strange, how even a broken clock can tell the correct time at least two times a day...