Some Puzzle Game probably around 95-97

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Dexter

Some Puzzle Game probably around 95-97

Post by Dexter »

After having picked up Crazy Machines and Gearheads lately and playing em again there is another one of that "Puzzle" Type of Game, which's name eludes me, but here is what I remember:

I think it was a Win95/DOS Type of Puzzle game and as far as I remember the graphics weren't too much pixelated like PacMan or the same but cleaner.
Each level was some sort of table and you had small balls, which you had to guide to a certain goal (holes?) by turning small tubes/intersections (which were located between half-open tunnels through which the balls went) while the balls were in there... I think there was also some sort of time limit or the likes and with each passing level it got harder and harder and if you didn't react quick enough you failed and had to try again.
Also it was some sort of commercial game to that time I believe.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Some additional Info:
It looked similar to this one from the optics but the backgroudn was some classy table-looking thing: hxxp://www.toy-factory.info/home.php?data=screens and there weren't that many elements...
I also looked through the-underdogs puzzle list and it doesn't seem to be under there, I think I remember it from way back when it came as a Demo-Version with another game... not sure which though, like Ricochet (new and pretty good Arkanoid-Remake) with some newer one, I think DK2.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Perhaps you're thinking of Marble Drop
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

Nope that's not it though it seems nice :D It was on a sort of "table" with tunnels and all.
Transatlantic

TUBES

Post by Transatlantic »

This sounds like "TUBES", in which a scientist has discovered new atoms, and you have to assemble them three by three to form a molecule using a test tube.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

If it's tubes you can find it@ dosgamesonline.com.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

It isn't Tubes :P Although it seems similar. You had "interesections" you could click with the mouse on to make a new way for the balls though and it was a lot more "grafficky", better Graphics e.g. I think a Win95 game or something.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Reminds me of Spheres for Mac OS..

Cant find a picture but yeah
Guated

Post by Guated »

sounds like that pipes game. Except that was changing the flow of liquid, not balls.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

The gaming principle seemed to have been similar to this:
e.g. Balls got released from somewhere and had to go through the different intersections you could change to up/down/left/right based on how the level went, and you could also change them while the ball was on it's way (I believe there was time pressure).
As I said it was "grafficky", probably a commercial Win95 game or something like that, I played the demo which came on the CD of another famous game (something like Dungeon Keeper or so but I can't remember which game).
The levels were on some kind of "tables" always nicely designed (I think you could also see the table "borders" around the screen), that had something from a pool-table I believe and the balls went through closed/half-open PIPES that were everywhere (I don't remember if you could change the direction of those too) and also some open spaces.

Someone somewhere else said it could be \"logical\" from 1994 ~ 486dx2 66mhz 4MB RAM but I can't seem to find any pictures or the game anywhere. (This would've been a spinoff for GBC later: http://www.mag64.de/gbc/logical/logical.htm ) Not this one either: http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/4757/

Might be an older idea like "Arkanoid" (which I didn't particularly like) recloned over and over till it got more flashy and with better graphics like "Ricochet" http://games.bigfishgames.com/de_ricochet/screen2.jpg and Expansions, which I liked a lot.

Too huge pic deleted~dosraider
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Dexter's pic:

Dexter, I've deleted you big pic and posted a thumbnail instead.
Please in future:
Resize your pic
Or
Post a thumbnail.

For good understanding: I do this once, next time I simply delete or the pic or your post.

The reason is simple, much are still on dialup, not all have broadband.
OK?

[EDIT]
Almost forgot my manners: Welcome on Dosgames forum. :)
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Dexter

Post by Dexter »

lol, I only registered because I had to, to be able to post images/links and the first thing that happens is a Mod taking a piss over me because I didn't do something which is neither in your Rules or the FAQ and sounds ridiculous, nice ^^

New browsers actually load up pictures over time or display them pixelated like FF and they get more detailed over time, it was an integral part of the post as to try to show the basic game idea and it would've actually made sense if you'd have said it screws up the format of the post or whatever but what do people do on the internetz if they aren't able to load a picture anymore :P It's not like it's all still mostly textbased like in 1997.
Anyway back to any new ideas anyone has for a title I hope :D
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Dexter wrote:lol, I only registered because I had to, to be able to post images/links and the first thing that happens is a Mod taking a piss over me because I didn't do something which is neither in your Rules or the FAQ and sounds ridiculous, nice ^^
Shut up.
I didn't take a piss over you, but I always can.

If you have a problem with me PM me or contact an admin.

Next posts about the same will be deleted on sight.
Simply shut up.
PERIOD.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Probably like Antrun :)