D2D style game in VB

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.

Make Dare To Dream VB game

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 4

wardrich
"Some Troll"

D2D style game in VB

Post by wardrich »

well, it struck me hard the other day when i was playing the game that it could easily have been made in Visual Basic. As soon as i have spare time again (god im really starting to hate skool!!) im thinking maybe i should make a game like this.

In case you dont know what D2D (or dare to dream) is, its a graphical adventure game much like Shadowgate, Deja Vu, The Uninvited, Lunatix and dragon's Plight. Im sure if anybody has a like to a site that has screen shots they'd post it here **wink wink** **nudge nudge**

I know that this is a windows program and i also know that i have and unfinished dosgames RPG that i really haven't talked about in a long time, but this really shouldn't take too long to finish AND it should be a smaller size.

good idea? (please vote!)
Richard
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

I voted NO.

If you have a semi finished game I say finish it. Starting too many projects that dont get finished is a bad thing to do. trust me you learn more from completing 1 project then leaving 5 unfinished.

Anyway if your doing it because you need to learn VB then have fun.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

the RPG was kind of a flop, so i decided to give up on it and start summin easier (i think)