I'm into money

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

I'm into money

Post by Larry Laffer »

Yeah... finaly im into money&I need your help... no i'm not going to give them 2 U... I have 100.000.000 LEI which is about 3700$ a LOT...
anyway i'd like some ideas about hardware(which) and if i should or should NOT buy software... i'm gonna check this forum in about a week so take your time
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

I said take your time but i didn't mean ALL the time... fine... I just asked for help
HMPH! :Angry:
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

$3,700 in USD?
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

Wait 2 months my friend. Intel is releasing a new processor that should be better than anything out today. Basicly, this will be what you want:

Core 2 Duo (Get the middle class version, so whatever ones in the mid-price range)
LGA775 Premium PCI-e Motherboard with SATA2 (Make sure it has conroe support, IE: Core 2 Duo support, as well if you want it to last, get onbe that supports SLi as well)
1gb DDR2-800 (Corsair preferibly)
250gb SATA2 Hard Drive (Maxtor, Western Digital, Seagate)

Now heres the kicker. Check how much you have, and get the one you can afford. These are a list of video cards, get the one closest to the top that you can afford:

nVidia GeForce 7950GX2
ATi X1900XTX
nVidia GeForce 7900gt
nVidia 7800gt
nVidia 7600gt

Then get all your other parts, a case, a 500watt power supply, CD/DVD-RW, keyboard, mouse (I think you should get a G5 mouse), moniter (A large CRT is better than a small LCD, remember that. As well, any LCD with a response over 8ms isnt worth it.)
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

WWK like it wouldn't be canadian
K0 thanks but maybe later right now their all gooone
<center>
</center>