getting hosted @ dosgames.com

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

getting hosted @ dosgames.com

Post by kenny »

dear owner(s) of Dosgames.com, i would really like if you would host my website's forum for free. The website is also about dos games.... sorry but i cant show you the website right now.... its under construction...
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I can't speak for Mr. Hewer but I would say that we're probably not going to be able to do so due to a lack of money. I would suggest <a href=http://geocities.yahoo.com/>Geocities</a> however as they provide free webhosting making them the perfect host for small, low content website beginners as yourself. Alternitively, if you're website is really good you could try getting a website like Theunderdogs to host it for you.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

note he said FORUM not website. PHPBB will not run in geocities. i reccommend www.tripod.co.uk .
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Who said he was using phpBB? ;)
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kenny »

eee... yeah i forgot to mention it... im gonna use phpBB + hacks (not more then 6 :devil: )...

and i dont want to use lycos... i already have one forum running on it and it is very very very very very very very very very slow.... it sometimes even cant access sql tables!!!

so plz.... can u host me... i would agree even if you would give me 10mb od space
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Oz »

try www.netfirms.com. they give you 10 megs for free.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

or try www.clawz.com if you dont mind popups. They arnt too good, since they deleted all the free accounts, said they were only doing paid hosting, and then went back to free and paid.
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kenny »

damn

well, i guess i will have to use lycos