Download Keen 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 8

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

emmzee wrote:Me. There's only three admins on this board: myself, DogBreath and Joris (owner of dosgamesarchive.com). We reserve the right to edit any posts that contain illegal links (or links that violate the rules of the message board). The reason is that I am ultimately responsible for any illegal content that is posted here, so to be on the safe side links to any sites (other than the-underdogs.com) that contain abandonware or warez are not allowed. :cuccoan:

O So joris is admin now??? ;)

Im thinking you mean Jorrit, Dazza :laugh:

BTW Keen8 doesnt and never will exist properly as you would never get authorisation from ID software to distribute it.
cramhains
Expert
Expert

Post by cramhains »

Wally*Won_Kenobie wrote:
emmzee wrote:Me. There's only three admins on this board: myself, DogBreath and Joris (owner of dosgamesarchive.com). We reserve the right to edit any posts that contain illegal links (or links that violate the rules of the message board). The reason is that I am ultimately responsible for any illegal content that is posted here, so to be on the safe side links to any sites (other than the-underdogs.com) that contain abandonware or warez are not allowed. :cuccoan:

O So joris is admin now??? ;)

Im thinking you mean Jorrit, Dazza :laugh:

BTW Keen8 doesnt and never will exist properly as you would never get authorisation from ID software to distribute it.
What?
I see all. Warning, becareful what you do.
IF you are using Firefox, Netscape, or Internet Explorer, I could see you and where you live.
Elign

Post by Elign »

Yeah, make Joris admin, since he is the frontman for DGO, which is one of the DGF network sites. (as is Jorrit, the frontman for DGA)
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Yep, I meant Jorrit. Sorry guys ... your names ARE similar. ;)

As for why Underdogs is exempt ...

1) Everyone is going to wanna post it whether its banned or not :)
2) The guy running it tries to keep things legit by not providing a download for any game still being sold & takes down any games requested by the authors
3) Its been featured in all kinds of places, like TechTV and major magazines ... so that makes it a little more legit :cuccoan:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

emmzee wrote:2) The guy running it tries to keep things legit by not providing a download for any game still being sold & takes down any games requested by the authors
Last I heard, she was still a woman... though Asians are kind of strange that way.
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

LOL: fair enough.

Does DOSgames condone Abandonware, or just share/freeware? Just that there's a lot of good games that haven't been sold in years: stuff like Warcraft I, original dooms, wolfenstein etc. That AFAIK hasn't been released by the authors but isn't sold. Would be great if Dosgames could get them online.
Elign

Post by Elign »

Female webmaster of a DOS gaming site? Now that's a sight to see! :love: :shifty: :bday:
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Dosser wrote:LOL: fair enough.

Does DOSgames condone Abandonware, or just share/freeware? Just that there's a lot of good games that haven't been sold in years: stuff like Warcraft I, original dooms, wolfenstein etc. That AFAIK hasn't been released by the authors but isn't sold. Would be great if Dosgames could get them online.
But you still run the risk of getting sued, because the companies haven't released them as freeware, therefore they still own the copyrights to them.
Jorrit
Admin
Admin

Post by Jorrit »

emmzee wrote:Yep, I meant Jorrit. Sorry guys ... your names ARE similar. ;)
No problem, Emmzee ;)
Cholera

Post by Cholera »

Hate to interrupt, but is Keen I free now? my copy is broken and he can only move down and right:P
They just dont make 'em like they used too...
Mingy Jongo
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Mingy Jongo »

Cholera wrote:Hate to interrupt, but is Keen I free now? my copy is broken and he can only move down and right:P
Keen 1 is free, you can download it here, and I don't think it is broken. Are you using a joystick? If so, that's your problem, they don't work well with that game. At least for me. :)
-Mingy Jongo: Crafty Shaman Impersonator