Bagged Milk

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.

Please vote on the one that bests suits you (please be honest)

I've never heard of it or seen it before
44%
I've heard of it, but never seen it
17%
I've seen it, but never heard of it
No votes
I've heard of it AND seen it before
17%
I always get it bagged
22%

Total votes: 18

wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

JKSM wrote:Is bagged milk cheaper since the packaging should cost less?

It doesn't look practical as the thin plastic bag it is likely to break easily when one accidentally drops it. I think the milk that comes in plastic bottles and cardboard boxes are better as they can be closed and won't spill even you drop them. Tried before. :D

This kind of plastic bag looks like those where drink stores pour drinks into when one orders "take away".
I've dropped lots of them before too. They've more milk than air, so that they don't explode when you drop them. And it's a thicker plastic than a shopping bag... I really can't think of anything to compare it to though...

-Richard-
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

It looks sort of like a beachball's thickness.
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

Wait, what is the point of using bagged milk anyway? Plastic bottles and carboard seem like a much better idea.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Da_Goat wrote:It looks sort of like a beachball's thickness.
YES! That's pretty much exact. But less rubbery-feeling.

in RE to K0's message about the bags never being open long enuf to go bad... My house goes through about a bag a day.

-Richard-
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I would take a video of changing the bag with my digital camera but I'd feel just a little too geeky :P

Years ago when I was little, I thought everyone got milk in bags ... then we went on vacation to Florida, and the supermarket had no bags of milk! :o

It works fairly well ... they usually come in 3-packs (like 3 individual bags of milk wrapped together inside a bigger plastic bag). I think they're more for families who drink a lot. It sure sucks when one breaks at the supermarket tho ... a fairly rare occurance but gross as heck.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

According to a thread on another forum I visit, bagged milk is also common in Wisconsin, Israel, and Brazil.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Kazer0 wrote:4L of milk is around $3 I think. We CAN buy it in 2L jugs, but its more expensive and not really popular.
That is really much cheaper than other packaging. If that savings in cost had to do with packaging, it might be not be a bad idea to have bagged milk. One can always use his own screw-cap container to pour the milk into.

One thing I can be almost quite sure is that at where I live, they will never have bagged milk as I doubt many people will buy that idea. :rolleyes:
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

In Taiwan and China they bag their soy milk and I've seen plenty of it when I was a kid. At public stands you can buy a small bag of it with a straw and drink it right there.
"If you buy a bag of peanuts in this town they'll write a song about you."
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Hiroshi wrote:In Taiwan and China they bag their soy milk and I've seen plenty of it when I was a kid. At public stands you can buy a small bag of it with a straw and drink it right there.
We have a similar idea here, only with Juice instead of milk... they're $0.10 a bag, and 1 bag contains as much juice as your convensional juice-box.

-Richard-
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

THAT small? Interesting. Next time I go up to toronto I gotta ask my canadian friends to show me more of the bagged stuff. Also about the soy milk from the vendor stands, the size of the plastic bags that they put it in is the same size as a freezer ziplock bag big enough to hold two steaks.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

oh wow. Ya, go to a Reid's Dairy. They call them Sip Sacks or Juice Bags or something... I don't even know. But they're amazing. They have 4 flavours.

Green
Red
Peach
Blue

The tastes are unique... but if Green, Red, and Blue had a physical taste, I bet they'd taste like the juice in those bags :laugh:. They're REALLY sweet, but I like them. *toothless grin*

-Richard-
Dopefish
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dopefish »

There's CapriSun here in the US, which is fruit-flavored drinks in bags.
It only comes in vauge flavors like "Beach Berry" and "X-Treme Surf" but they all taste the same.
prelude
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by prelude »

In south Africa we also get bagged milk!

We buy bagged milk mostly, but sometimes we buy bottles(plastic)
Last edited by prelude on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Dopefish wrote:There's CapriSun here in the US, which is fruit-flavored drinks in bags.
It only comes in vauge flavors like "Beach Berry" and "X-Treme Surf" but they all taste the same.
There's CapriSun sold where I live. CapriSun has many flavours of different fruits for example, apple, orange etc. My favourite is still grape. I think all CapriSun are sold in the standard aluminium bags. They put 12 bags in a rectangular cardboard box.

In supermarkets here hardly items are bagged except for stuff like flour. The only drinks that are sold bagged are by drink stall owners where they would pour it in a bag on-the-spot when one orders to take it away.
prelude
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by prelude »

We also have CapriSun, but I haven't seen it lately. They only have 4 flavours and Dopefish is right, it all tastes the same.
Last edited by prelude on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

This thread always makes me thirsty....
prelude
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by prelude »

Guess what? I saw CapriSun today again!!!
Last edited by prelude on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiroshi
Expert
Expert

Post by Hiroshi »

I like loganberry.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

yeah, when I was in elementary school my school had milk in bags... They were always exploding and fun to squeeze. My older brother also had milk in bags. Maybe it's just because I live in the upmost area of wisconsin.
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."