can i have a server on dosgames lke dosgames.com/MYWEBSITE

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the forum or DOSGAMES.com can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
crystalcaves

can i have a server on dosgames lke dosgames.com/MYWEBSITE

Post by crystalcaves »

ok all I saw a lot of sites change to dosgames.com/~something

Can i have a domain ? for my crystal caves website
?

http://www.geocities.com/crystalcaveswebsite
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

emmzee tends to do that for special occasions: IE: Long time members, site affiliates, etc. You can ask tho.

Edited by emmzee to correct my name ;)

Edited by Kazer0 to correct the word correct in emmzee's correcting edit ;)

Edited by Dogbreath just for the hell of it ;)
Last edited by Kazer0 on Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

crystalcaves, I'll email you about this.

Generally speaking, I don't mind hosting people's sites, but at the same time I can't host EVERYONE's sites ;) So I'll have to decide stuff like that on a case-by-case basis. Sites cannot be hosted at all if they require a lot of space and/or bandwidth. (Or ASP! That thing is a biatch, in terms of increasing server load nsuch.)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
crystalcaves

Post by crystalcaves »

hi
emmzee

Sorry fot that but I just asked beacasue the geocities server contains a lot of errors when pages loads and my site it s only about 400 KB
Just Asking I am not obligating you lol
Bye!
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by x86_Game-Junkie »

Don't worry dude, your not the only one...
my site works but it has multiple errors...since I put up my first one I have had people whinge about various things
the most are it don't work I keep getting error messages...I have had a few with you have no logos or pictures...I have also had your links don't work...so I changed it to a temp site, one page in length and still had people complaining about pictures...so I guess Geocities is one of those web servers what hates anything that is not coded in HTML, and pictures which are over 14KB.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Check www.freewebspace.net for lots of other places to get free web space besides GeoCities ... their forum is fairly active so you can check there to see which ones people reccommend.

Edited by Kazer0 to correct or de-correct the word reccommend. I was just bored, and mad at Emmzee for editin' me post.

Edited by Bobo to correct Kazer0 miss-spelling of Emmzee.

ooooh, look at me, I can edit teh admin0rz posts ;) anyway, who re-mispelled Emmzee's name the second time? You bunch o' n00bs... :blah: --Richard
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament

Post by Guest »

crystalcaves wrote:hi
emmzee

Sorry fot that but I just asked beacasue the <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">geocities</B> server contains a lot of <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">errors</B> when pages loads and my site it s only about 400 KB
Just Asking I am not obligating you lol
Bye!