HaPpY tHaNkSgIvInG!!!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

HaPpY tHaNkSgIvInG!!!

Post by wardrich »

Happy thanksgiving to all you Canadians!

Richard
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

And for all the Americans, you'll have to wait 'till November 28th (except me, since I don't celebrate either).
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Oh, yes. You're Jehovah, so you don't celebrate birthdays or ANYTHING, just about. I feel for ya, man.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

1st. I'm not a Jehovah, I'm a Jehovah's Witness. Calling me a Jehovah is like calling me God.

2nd. Don't feel for me. I like my religion. The members are generally nicer to eachother, and have good morals.

3rd. We celebrate Anniverseries (or however you spell iit) and the memorial of Jesus's death. We don't celebrate Birthdays because the only 2 in the Bible ended in disaster and they are also related to ancient false gods. We don't celebrate Holidays because they are related to false gods too. For example: Christmas: December 25 was originally a celebration of the egyptian god of the sun. Then in about the 10 CE, some people switched "sun" & "son". Also, in the Bible, it says that when Jesus was born there were shepherds out in the feild. They wouldn't be shepherding in December!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, however, because we don't get involved in political things (we also don't salute the flag, go to the army, celebrate Independence Day, etc.). We don't see the point of going and killing humans, just because they are in a different country. Like I said before, I don't like talking about this online, so this topic (or at least the topic of my religion is now CLOSED. Please don't bring it up again!
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Post by Winger2 »

I'm american but what the heck! Happy thanksgiving! I know you'd rather not discuss it but DG Jesus was born in Bethleham(sp?) where in december it would be about spring to summer, so there would be shepards. sorry bout that
winga
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Israel is in the same hemishere as the USA, it would be winter just like here. It would also be about 50 degrees.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Yeah, plus the fact that it's symbolic. Honestly, no one has a clue. But, it is because the sun GROWS after December. It gains power. After John the Baptist's feast day, the sun loses strength. "I shall fall so he may rise" or something like that. That's why.

Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Oz »

well, i'm an atheist but i have to pray in school and listen to religious assemblies and watch the nativity scene every year, because my school's a POS.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

isnt Thanksgiving more Patriotic than Religious? It hasnt anything to do with relegion, but with the founders of our countries (or so i thought)
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Interesting. England: Near the 0's: Pagan.
Around 400-1400: Catholic
1400-1900: Anglican, cause some king needed to have a better sex life. :laugh: Henry VIII, needed a son, and married a whole ton of women to get one.
1900+: Atheist.
England: More religion changes than the middle east. It's kind of funny, that's all.