BASIC or COPY CON

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
JEMASCOLA

BASIC or COPY CON

Post by JEMASCOLA »

I am getting a modem that will work with the TeleVideo I have. It will allow it to hook up to the internet (I assume) and another computer. I will then take downloadable files from the PB computer and upload them to the TeleVideo and unzip them.

Until then, I don't have any access to the "outside computer world" with that comp. I haven't attempted to install the spare 5.25" floppy drive on the PB yet, so for now I'll just stick to what I have on the TeleVideo's hard drive for possible game making.

Now here's the question: can I make games using BASIC and the COPY CON command? If so, how do I do that? I have EDLIN too, but as we all know it's a real pain to use.
I am a sap. Live with it.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's a TeleVideo? Some type of special computer?
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
na010894 and Jay

Post by na010894 and Jay »

Yes, COPY CON makes plain ASCII text files. When you're done, use BASIC to open and run them.

example:

C:\>COPY CON GAME.BAS
10 print "This game"
20 goto 10
(Press control Z when you're finished)

Post by Guest »

:blah: B)
Relsoft

Post by Relsoft »

Yep you can make BASIC games.

Fopr DOS I'd go witrh QB4.5 fopr win32 FreeBASIC.
Elign

Post by Elign »

I made 5 of them myself, and the presence of Nibbles and Gorillas should make that point obvious to people anyway.