Merry Christmas from Canada!

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Merry Christmas from Canada!

Post by Kazer0 »

Drawn by me, to you.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Thanks. I needed another reason to hate Canada. :D
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Too early.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Thats why its only version 1... ;) I have version 2 done, that will bo on the 10th, and version 3 will be ready for christmas!
lakerzz8
~Lakerz~Fan~

Post by lakerzz8 »

Canda celebrates christmas? USA COPIERS!!!! jk
My stories:Story 1
Story 2

Earn money for free! and get paid TODAY!
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

But everyone knows USA copied it from Australia (who copied it from England)
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Who copied it from Jesus...
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Mary did i think THIEF

May you have a merry christmas and a happy new year
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Actually, Christmas was originally a celebration of the winter solstice. Many ancient people did this, but the most prominent was the Roman's "Saturnalia," which was a day to worship the god "Saturn" - the god of agriculture - and the "renewed" power of the sun. (Source: The Encyclopedia Americana). Originally, it had nothing to do with Christ; in fact, according to the New Catholic Encyclopedia, nobody knows when Jesus was born, but it's unlikely that he was born in the winter, since the shepherds were out.

Anyway, last I heard, Japan also celebrates Christmas, which is kind of weird since they're not a Christian nation. I know they were one of the leaders in that movement a while ago to make Christmas nondenominational (I think they wanted to call it "Giftmas").
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

lol@Da_goat! I know what you're gettin' at...lol...hasn't that been proven to us for....years? Don't know why people insist it's Jesus' Birthday...in WINTER!
Winger2
Expert
Expert

Post by Winger2 »

okay..correct me if I'm wrong..but isn't asia on the other side of the world? So in our Winter, it would be their summer? so it could have taken place in December?
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

It's the equator that separates the seasons, so it has to do with the Northern/Southern hemispheres. And Asia is on our side of the equator, so their seasons are the same as the US's.

Also, the Bible says that Jesus was born at night, and Bethlehem was known to have a heavy frost at night during it's rainy season (which started in mid-october and lasted several months - usually 'til the end of January), so there would be no way the shepherds would be out in the field.
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Da_Goat wrote:It's the equator that separates the seasons, so it has to do with the Northern/Southern hemispheres. And Asia is on our side of the equator, so their seasons are the same as the US's.
And canada...
lakerzz8
~Lakerz~Fan~

Post by lakerzz8 »

Kazer0 wrote:
Da_Goat wrote:It's the equator that separates the seasons, so it has to do with the Northern/Southern hemispheres. And Asia is on our side of the equator, so their seasons are the same as the US's.
And canada...
sucks... :laugh: I am just kidding. Is Christmas a NATIONWIDE holiday like it is in the usa?
My stories:Story 1
Story 2

Earn money for free! and get paid TODAY!
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

Parts of Asia are below the Equator, and how do we know Jesus wasn't born in Australia, South America, or Africa? They could have been typos.

Tony: It would be, like it is in Australia, except most people don't make it a Public Holiday, unlike Boxing Day, ANZAC day, or Australia Day.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Winger is from Australia, moron. He never said anything about East/West. And btw, the U.S. is on the other side of the world from Australia too so why did you mention it?
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Tony_Montana wrote:
Kazer0 wrote:
And canada...
sucks... :laugh: I am just kidding. Is Christmas a NATIONWIDE holiday like it is in the usa?
Christmas is a worldwide holiday for anyone with an applictable religion or no religion at all.
Da_Goat

Post by Da_Goat »

Dogbreath wrote:
Winger is from Australia, moron. He never said anything about East/West. And btw, the U.S. is on the other side of the world from Australia too so why did you mention it?
Sheesh, is it that time of the month? And, no, I didn't know Winger lived in Australia (I thought it was Europe)...but then his comment makes no sense whatsoever. And I mentioned US because I live there. Fancy that.
okay..correct me if I'm wrong..but isn't asia on the other side of the world? So in our Winter, it would be their summer? so it could have taken place in December?
If what DB said was true, yes, Australia's and Asia's seasons are opposite. However - correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't December in the summer for Australia? So, if Asia's on the other side of the world from Australia, and it's Australia's winter and thus Asia's summer, Jesus' birth couldn't have taken place in December anyway.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Australia

Post by Wally »

well Santa claus here has to wear shorts and a tee shirt :laugh:.

Well yes it is nicer where you are in our summer time cooler at least....
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

No, he hides an air conditioner under his shirt, unlike us who have to survive in 30-40*C temperatures.