Best Keyboard Ever!

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Best Keyboard Ever!

Post by wardrich »

[dead link removed]

www.ideazon.com

just go and look at it, it made me cry with excitment when i first saw it! :cry: :D
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

I agree, impressive features .... if you can use them. But how does it feel? Will it last a few years? Is it so light that it backs away from you as you type? :huh:

I nominate the Northgate Omnikey Ultra. 116 keys, extra set of F keys that are programable. Heavy and built to last a century. The best key-stroke feel I've ever had. Interchangeable cords and hidden preferences bay. It was too good for it's day and the company eventually went under in the 90's. :cry:
I have one and it has been under constant use for 15 years. :karate:
Last edited by johpower on Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig: "The Universe is change... but it is not exact change." -Fusco Bros.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

I like my generic keyboard.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

2 keyboards on my computers

1. Gateway USB keyboard+hub directly connected to main computer , usefull for those easy access internet/mail etc buttons and connects my usb logitech optical mouse and usb logitech wingman extreme digital to my pc.

2. The keyboard I am using all the time is a Northgate Omnikey/102 purchased new in the early 90's for a heck of alot of money (used with my home built 386 at the time).

This keyboard has been taken apart and cleaned a few times and is spotless. nothing like good tactile feedback from a keyboard. best keyboard ever made.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

You is so right :thumbsup:
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

Dell "QuietKeys" make more noise than most keyboards i've used.
Annorax

Post by Annorax »

That looks pretty cool. I'm using an ancient, huge Gateway keyboard from the mid 90's... B)
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

I recently got my hands on another Northgate keyboard, the omneykey/Ultra (has another set of function keys called SF1, SF2, etc). Got it in mint never used condition for $5 + shipping can sell it for $80 on ebay easily (wont happen).
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

2nd choice might be a KeyPro keyboard, by Focus Electronics. They made a very nice series of programables. I have a Key Pro FIK-9000 to suppliment my Northgate Omnikey/Ultra. It's key feel is a 8 to the Northgate's 10.

There are 12 special keys on the left that can be programmed to store 14 characters each ("format a: /s/u" or "copy A:\. B:\" or "doom2.bat" are good examples).

A long, thin key stroke template card for the programed keys, or programs like WordPerfect or Star Trek can fit in the plate at the top.

The arrow pad has 8 direction keys and a turbo/home key in the center.

A combination numberpad and 24-key calculator with large number display is on the far right.

Unfortunately the size of the keyboard won't fit the drawer I use now and the calc display has died. Love the direction keys though. Better than some joysticks!! :)
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

I have an hp Keyboard, and it has Volume on it, you can control the CD with it, and it has 9 preset, although changable, Internet/Program shortcuts. And the Winkey and er... that other wierd key have been swapped (by me, for some reason) and the Shift key gets stuck sometimes, probably because I never clean it. The space key works, unlike some other keyboards, and the keys are quite small. I'd give it a 5/10.
adastalin

Post by adastalin »

Pretty cool. I think it put in some sun features to make it better tho. Be ideal for lazy ppl who cant be bothered to press two buttons as it has seperate buttons for things like cut copy paste etc.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Try this site for a great selection of KB's:

http://www.ergo-2000.com/ergo2000/showp ... =C6180x002

U_K, you vill like zem, lot's ya? :)