DOS Text-adventure no graphics

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
MiBSuM

Post by MiBSuM »

What I know:

Platform: DOS
Year: played it around 1985. The game could be older.
Genre: I even don't know if it was one game or two. There was a laser beam barrier where I never came through. Like in Space Quest. But I also remember that I had to use Mortar & Pestle on a table.
Graphics: none.

This is why I thought there was a Space Quest and King's Quest version before the graphic titles were released. - But I never found any sign in that direction.

The game had no multiple choice answers you could choose from. Instead you had to type whatever you came up with.
You could write "Look at the table in front of you" or just "Look table". Then a description came what table looks like or what's on the table.

I only remember the laser beam which ended my game, because I couldn't get through it. (No I had no glass or mirror with me.)
And I remember a table with Mortar and pestle on it. Because I didn't knew the words and they were not in the very tiny dictionary of my parents. It took days to find out what those words mean. (I am from Germany by the way and I had just one year English in school so far.)
I really don't know anything else. The objective of the game, the character, names, locations, none of that. Sorry.

Very few informations, I know, but perhaps someone knows the game anyway.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

MiBSuM

Post by MiBSuM »

Uh, only 420 Titles. :upset: But sorting them by date... Around 80. Thank you. Perhaps I will find it. ^_^
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

There's also The Interactive Fiction Archive, but I've never really tried to find anything there so I can't tell how effective that would be as a search tool.
MiBSuM

Post by MiBSuM »

Very hard to find something there, but I will also rummage through the files. ^_^ Thank you for the second hint.
rigga77

Post by rigga77 »

Maybe we are looking for the same game. Did the one you played also have?

* A giant onion you could roll around.
* A bridge you could cross half way. Then half of the remaining distance and then half of that distance for eternity. I never got to the other side.
*A forest of trees that would sing Christmas carols with you, but never allowed you to pass thru.
*A pig? Or creature of some sort that would dig up truffles for you.
*A ....?staff? ?sword? Something you could parry with.
*An umbrella whose handle was a parrot's head. It might have talked, I don't remember exactly.
MiBSuM

Post by MiBSuM »

Non of what you remember rings a bell for me. Sorry. - But I can't remember how far I went into this game. Perhaps those weird things could pop up along the way. - I still haven't found the game. I even asked chat GPT. :P