What is this MS/DOS Murder Mystery Game? [The Scoop]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
niblet0

Post by niblet0 »

You play a reporter in England that is working for a failing newspaper. A major murder happens in Southampton? and in order to keep the paper from failing you have to gather clues and solve the murder. The game even came with a fake newspaper page with the woman's death and her picture on it.
I want to say her brother is a big suspect throughout the game and you have to watch your time b/c you need to sleep and such as well. You have like 8 days to solve it.
Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?
Cush1978
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Cush1978 »

I Googled "dos game southampton murder" and came up with a game called "The Scoop" that sounds like what you describe.
niblet0

Post by niblet0 »

Now why didn't I think of that?! :blah:

YEP, that's exactly what it is alright!! The Scoop. Geez. I can't tell you how many ways I tried to look for that game!!!
Simple is always best. GRRR!!

Thanks for your help!!
maliya1

Post by maliya1 »

Hello Everyone!
niblet0 wrote: You play a reporter in England that is working for a failing newspaper. A major murder happens in Southampton? and in order to keep the paper from failing you have to gather clues and solve the murder. The game even came with a fake newspaper page with the woman's death and her picture on it.
I want to say her brother is a big suspect throughout the game and you have to watch your time b/c you need to sleep and such as well. You have like 8 days to solve it.
Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?
Hi,
It sounds like you're describing the game "Her Story." In this interactive crime-solving experience, players must sift through video clips of police interviews with a woman whose husband has been murdered. The game provides a fake computer interface with a database of video clips, and players must piece together the story by searching for keywords. The time element and the mystery surrounding the woman's brother add to the suspense, making it a unique and engaging detective game.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

maliya1, if you mean this game, MobyGames suggests it came out in 2015. However, the original request was made in 2010, so it can't be that game.

Also note that the original poster confirmed that the game they were looking for it The Scoop, which came out in 1987.