Suggest me some more medieval DOS-quests

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
MadButcher

Post by MadButcher »

hi to everyone!
i look for some more old DOS quests exploring medieval theme, like these: Simon the Sorcerer, Legend of Kyrandia, Quest for Glory, King's Quest ecc...
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Maybe the Discworld games - magic & fantasy style.
Shannara? Lure of the Temptress? Curse of Enchantia? Black sect?
Gnome Ranger series? The Black Cauldron?

Most games I listed are fantasy-related more than real medieval.
MadButcher

Post by MadButcher »

thanks...

i played Discworld & Lure'o'Temptress years ago

the others are EGA-games (16 colors)

about Black Sect... i just started it with DosBox (tried unsuccessfully with ScummVM) and now i'm examining its 16 action icons

update: Shannara also does not want to run under ScummVM... DosBox started it without problems...
JamieRobles

Post by JamieRobles »

Hello! If you're looking for more old DOS adventure games with a medieval theme, here are a few suggestions:

The Bard's Tale series: A popular series of fantasy role-playing games known for their rich storytelling and challenging gameplay.

Ultima series: A long-running series of RPGs set in a medieval fantasy world, known for their open-ended gameplay and immersive worlds.

Lands of Lore: A first-person dungeon-crawling RPG with a medieval setting and an engaging storyline.

Betrayal at Krondor: A role-playing game based on Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar novels, featuring a medieval fantasy world and a captivating story.

Shadowgate: A point-and-click adventure game set in a dark and atmospheric castle, where players solve puzzles and unravel mysteries.

The Legend of Robin Hood: An adventure game where players assume the role of Robin Hood and embark on a quest to defeat the Sheriff of Nottingham.

These games should provide you with a good mix of medieval-themed quests and adventures. Enjoy exploring these classic titles!