Braveheart! Win 11 / Win7 / Win xp / Win 98 :((

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
michaelatlam

Post by michaelatlam »

Ok so I have braveheart iso 3.22 version i believe.

So initially thought pfff win 11 with legacy games but after fiddling with but it installed!..... But when launched the main menu flashes and no cursor shows.. even if you press any menu options it goes to desktop so a failure ( all compatibility settings tried and also between software.exe and d3d.exe that the game comes with) downloaded all the known patches I found and Google even the ones riddled with viruses have been tried lol.

Well so I thought virtual box! First went with xp, great installed it worked fine launches even can see the cursor...great...AHH can choose a campaign and start a new game wooo.... BUT! launching a battle or going into town view it's almost lost the resolution gets compressed and it's almost like there is only 4 pixels between each corner so when you move the mouse it slingshots to the other end and it jumps between 4 stages so impossible to play really ( can't even leave the game as the pointer would never be able to hover over the exit button... Yet another failure! ( Tried combinations of resolutions and compatibility as well)

So I thought windows 98! Virtual box launch activate super old OS! Installs great launches fine....BUT! NO cursor this time....

Does anyone have a working patch or solution on getting this work on either of the OS setups Ive done...

Thank you for reading and hopefully someone would be kind enough to help

Cheerrsss
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Have you tried DxWnd?
michaelatlam

Post by michaelatlam »

Hi MrFibble,

What an amazing piece of software thank you for sharing, It did fix the issue with the game not being able to run but the cursor is missing which i find a common issue between all OSs i tried except for on XP. Ill keep testing and let you know, Unless you of course are aware of how to force the mouse icon to be overlay the game hehe thank you again
michaelatlam

Post by michaelatlam »

managed to get it to work on win 11 with that software, thanks so muchh!!!!!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Great, glad it worked out! (I had no idea if DxWnd would be of any use or not in this case)
AndreGB

Post by AndreGB »

Hi michaelatlam,

Can you describe the settings that you used to run Braveheart on DxWnd?
I'm struggling to get the game to run but every time the game just opens the DXWnd splash screen and then crashes.
You used the bhsoft.exe to run or another .exe?
Im using the dxwnd version 2.05.93, win 11

Thanks in advance
ghotik2002

Post by ghotik2002 »

We are currently working on this game, follow us on sourceforge thread about BraveHeart