Early 90s (I think) strategy game [Warbreeds]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
michaelatlam

Post by michaelatlam »

Hi All,

Was wonder if anyone has ever come across this game as it seems all the sites and game lists I have been looking into have no type of reference to the game.

I remember playing the game on a demo disc with Dark reign along with it as well.

Well all I remember from the game is this:

Resources are flower like and would have a patch of it next to your base which they grow and obviously harvest (again not sure if this is the only harvest requirement in the game however I do believe its just these flower looking things)

One of the enemy units I remember looks like a toaster(shape) with a blade disc as a weapon located as it's head. Sorry don't know how I can explain it better lol. I do not remember any human race in the game, As the player not sure if can be choice however the one you are playing as also an alien race tallish looking and purple dark blue. It was a an RTS.

I would be ever so grateful if anyone has any knowledge of this game.

Oh and it's not Dark Colony :)
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Old Game early 90s (I think)

Post by MrFlibble »

michaelatlam wrote:As the player not sure if can be choice however the one you are playing as also an alien race tallish looking and purple dark blue. It was a an RTS.
I think it could be War Wind (the Tha'roon are tallish and dark blue/purple). Maybe War Wind II.
michaelatlam

Old Game early 90s (I think)

Post by michaelatlam »

MrFlibble wrote:
michaelatlam wrote:As the player not sure if can be choice however the one you are playing as also an alien race tallish looking and purple dark blue. It was a an RTS.
I think it could be .
I'm afraid it's not it, I think it may had a bit better graphics or perhaps it was closer to the ground if you know what I mean. I believe there were no humans in it or maybe I did not get that far, I do know that it was alien vs alien for sure in the occasion I played it (was not a skirmish as it was a demo). The resources were like in a flower bed garden type setting and they did look like flowers.

You have my appreciation for the try though so Thank all the same for the suggestion.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

The only thing with flowers and aliens that comes to my mind is Alien Nations and its sequel, The Nations. The first game came out about the same time as Dark Reign (which BTW is late nineties, not early nineties). One of the alien races the series features is blue humanoids of stocky build called Pimmons.
michaelatlam

Post by michaelatlam »

It's not Alien Nations ://, Honestly I could be wrong with the demo part with Dark Reign however it's the only one I remember on a demo which I played. :/.

What I for sure 100% is the disc blade headed unit which looked like... well a toaster in shape at least.

It was not a settlers type game either.

Thank you so much for the assistance provided and any other suggestions would be highly regarded and appreciated.

Thanks again Mr Fibble. :)
michaelatlam

Post by michaelatlam »

It was warbreed... I found it at last
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

This one? Warbreeds