Sci-Fi horror game with alien blobs [Wreckers]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Koggelmander

Sci-Fi horror game with alien blobs [Wreckers]

Post by Koggelmander »

Good day/evening

I have been searching my whole life for a game that I used to play when I was still a child (roughly 1995) I would say this game was probably released in the late 80s.

The way I would describe this game is basically that you begin on a spacecraft in space with a birds eye view on your character.
There are also droids to accompany you on this journey. I am not sure what your objective is, all that I know is that later on alien blobs (green) will invade your spacecraft. You have to avoid these blobs at all costs. If they touch you, they will envelop you and thus you will turn into one of them. (Game over) Now if I'm not mistaken, the droids will fend off the hordes of blobs until they themselves get enveloped by these blobs, turning into big, green, blob monsters. The droids' sound effects, weirdly enough, sounds a lot like R2D2 in Star Wars.

I hope this information is enough. Hope that someone can help me find my long lost game.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Sci-Fi horror game with alien blobs

Post by Rwolf »

Well...you didn't mention the platform, was is a DOS game?

If it was, I think it could be 'Wreckers'; the screenshots look much as you describe.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/wreckers
Koggelmander

Sci-Fi horror game with alien blobs

Post by Koggelmander »

Hello Rwolf.

Thank you for the reply. This was indeed a DOS game.
This is the game I was searching for.

I am very grateful for your help. :thumbsup: