FPS space game (maybe 2000-2010, but could have been late 90s)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
BearNom

Post by BearNom »

I played this game a lot as a kid, between 2000-2010 but it could have been released earlier than that time. I played it on windows xp. It was a first person shooter, I think it had 3d graphics, but could have "potentially" been 2d, as my memory of it is foggy. The setting was somewhere in space, but on a planet. All I remember from gameplay is shooting aliens. but there was some sort of story to it. I seem to recall the main character having some kind of blue jumpsuit or space suit on. There was one part, where you have to ride a hoverboard over some piping of some sort. I get some strange feeling that it may have been an educational game? But it did have some actual gameplay to it, rather than being 100% focused on the eduaction.
All of this information is kind of guesswork, but I also have a feeling there was a female character you could play as. However, that could be entirely wrong.
I wish I could remember more about it, but I played it so long ago, on an old laptop that blew up and was thrown away. So I have no way to find what the name was, or any trace of it. Hopefully someone here played it too, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a very well known game.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Old FPS space game (maybe 2000-2010, but could have been late 90s)

Post by Rwolf »

Hmm...not sure, but I looked through a list of fps shooter /adventure games for windows, and maybe there is one: 'Omikron: The Nomad Soul'
which really is a mix of exploration and action shooter - most screenshots are 3rd person, and the protagonist is initially a blue clad person, but there is also a first person view. You can also switch to other player characters as part of the gameplay.
BearNom

Post by BearNom »

Rwolf wrote: Hmm...not sure, but I looked through a list of fps shooter /adventure games for windows, and maybe there is one...
Hmm, unfortunately that's not it. The one I'm thinking of was a much more cartooney/kid friendly looking game.
Honestly, it's a really long shot though. I don't even know where we got the game. Thanks though!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Ok, then take a look at mobygames; one short list is below, games with educational themes - some are using the quake engine.

https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... st-person/
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Totally not educational and not even for kids, but female character, aliens and blue jumpsuit are all present:
Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K. 2

It's more of a third-person shooter though.