Early 2000's, female lead, dream technology, adventure/strategy

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
MissBC

Early 2000's, female lead, dream technology, adventure/strategy

Post by MissBC »

So I don't remember much, but I'll say what I do.

The game is 3D. I think it was on the Xbox, but I'm not 100% sure. You play a young woman as the lead. (Maybe at some point a man as well?) It's futuristic. There is some type of dream technology. I think you're supposed to use it as therapy, but its not yet released to the public? But instead its corrupt somehow. And you go on some adventure in the real world and the dream world. There's little laser shooting robots (don't quiet remember how they look). The doors that are locked in the game are often metal doors that have large locks on them. I think robots patrol areas, as well as guards, and you can choose to be sneaky or brute your way through it. If I remember correct; your best friend is a mechanic, and you can shop there for gear. There's a puzzle element to the game, and it can cause you to wonder around talking to civilians, looking for clues, or trying to figure out how to get to point xyz. I also think you can combined items in your inventory to make things like a torch for example?... Maybe?

Oh I just recalled! When the lead woman was a child she had a teddy bear robot that was her friend. It's actually important somehow. I think the game has multiple endings.
I'll say my memory is very foggy. I'd guess I played it around 2005 or 2006, but I could be off by a few years.