2D bit-like graphics, dungeon 1st spider boss [Zeliard]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Jump

2D bit-like graphics, dungeon 1st spider boss [Zeliard]

Post by Jump »

Hello, so ive been searching for this game for the longest time now. If anyone can be of assistance i would be grateful to the grave.

Info i can give you.

100% sure:

Game is 2D. (Character moves like Super Mario) What i can remember is that when you start a new game you are in a small town consisting out of only 2 or 3 buildings. One of them is the shop and i cant remember what rest are. Only thing i know is you walk right and walk and walk and walk. And at some point by walking on green grass type floor you reach a dungeon entrance. I am pretty sure there were doors you had to activate to enter the dungeon. Now what happens is im pretty sure you get met with a spider looking /spider-humanoid looking boss right at the start because its something story related and by killing it it dropped a sword or something you can use to go back to the shop and buy a better sword or sth. Also, i had played this game when i was like 5 years old or something so around 2001. But this game was significantly older and i played it on a computer that had a system called Hal 9000 funnily enough because it was made by my uncle who is a tech dude. Which is a reference to a 2001 Space Odysey so i guess that timeline seems about right. (I think the system was windows just renamed but...i can not be sure of that because yea...)

Could be complete bogus:

Both me and my sister remember vaguely that the game is called something like "Legend" in the name but when i look at the Legend of zelda title it looks similar but thats not what it was. Also the name i believe had a word colored yellow.
Also it might be a minor thing but the screen moving of the game does not work like in mario games does where your character walks to the edge of the screen and then the screen switches. In this game your character is i believe always in the center of ur screen.(cant be sure if this is true tbh or if i just "think" it is)

This is pretty much only thing i remember about the game. I hope someone out there can help. Ive never really passed the first boss i think so id really enjoy to return to it and have a blast.
Jumpslider

Post by Jumpslider »

Forgot to say that it was either windows or DOS game. Nothing else it could be really.

It has this kind of "feel" to it id say by the graphics.

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vult ... 0.h473.jpg
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Maybe Sorcerian or Zeliard?
Jumpslider

Holy shit.

Post by Jumpslider »

Wait....you are a beast. How the fuck did you do it???? How did you know it was that game!!! HOLY i couldnt find it ANYWHERE. OMG. I freaking LOVE you rn. That game is SO GOOD. Its Zeliard :D ty ty ty
Last edited by Jumpslider on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

http://www.mobygames.com/game/zeliard

Glad it worked out! Mostly a lucky guess from side scrolling rpg, though hal-9000 made me think of the pc-88, right or wrong. Lucky lateral thinking. ;)