windows 95 haunted house game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
jDeray

windows 95 haunted house game

Post by jDeray »

Recently I've been trying to track down a lot of the old games I played on windows 95 growing up, but there's one that I really can't find anything on.

I thought it was called something along the lines of haunted house/mansion/castle, but I could be completely wrong.

Here's what I remember:
-it was a top-down game with very simple graphics, where you played as a kid inside a large building of some sort full of monsters: ghosts, zombies, and giant spiders, as well as several others I can't remember clearly enough to describe
-there were multiple levels
-you fought by shooting arrows
-monsters spawned from rat holes in the walls
-when you killed zombies, their heads would detach from the body and continue trying to attack you

It was from some kind of game pack that included a lot of other games, but I can't remember which one it was, because I had several different collections of games and demos, and all of the disks are long gone.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Castle of the Winds?
jDeray

Post by jDeray »

No, though the visuals are fairly similar to what I remember. I don't think the game I'm trying to find had any rpg elements to it, and (unless I was missing a lot with the game) you couldn't go outside. The entire game revolved around getting through different floors of a monster-infested mansion.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Sounds like a game like gauntlet - many clones exist, worth a look