Does anyone remember this game? Plastic dome and colored... [Trouble Bubble or Hoppin' Poppin' Spaceballs]

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
Listers

Does anyone remember this game? Plastic dome and colored... [Trouble Bubble or Hoppin' Poppin' Spaceballs]

Post by Listers »

The game I'm looking for was recently lost by a family member - long, bitter story. It was sort of like a mix between a small child's "Corn Popper" and the board game "Trouble".

It was red with a clear dome and it was filled with colored, plastic marbles. Up to four players could play this game and there were these little plastic spoons (for lack of a better way of describing their shape) that were half in the dome and half out. There were four or five little "spoons" per player and each set of them were a specific, uniform color. There was a red spigot/button(?) on the top that you'd pull up to start the game and hit down once you'd won. When you pulled it up, all the plastic marble would stars wildly bouncing around and flying and hitting the dome. They would land on your "spoons" and you'd try to get all the same color of balls (to match the color of your set of "spoons") and you'd bounce them off if they weren't.

Does this ring any bells?!

Thank you for ANY help! This was an extremely nostalgic thing for my family and now I can't even find proof of it's existence.
Xx
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I haven't turned anything up using google image search, but it sounds a lot like one of the hungry hippos games (a travel version or knock-off?), mixed with Boggle.

If you haven't, maybe ask over at http://boardgamegeek.com too.
Tarluby83

Does anyone remember this game? Plastic dome and colored...

Post by Tarluby83 »

Hello. I've been looking for this game for years. It was at my great grandmothers house. If I remember correctly it was 3 pegs with blue, red, and green pegs and corresponding marble colors. We played it where it was a one person game where you would try to balance all three on the golf tee like pegs. Did you ever find the name of this game?!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Was it even a computer game or a real-life, physical thingy?
Tarluby83

Post by Tarluby83 »

It was a real physical game and I FINALLY found it. It's called:
TROUBLE BUBBLE. by Kohner. 1971.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Does anyone remember this game? Plastic dome and colored... [Trouble Bubble]

Post by MrFlibble »

Tarluby83 wrote: It was a real physical game
Then this has no place in the Find Old Games section as that is for computer games. I moved this to the Media, Entertainment and Music.

Glad you found it!
lujk

Does anyone remember this game? Plastic dome and colored... [Trouble Bubble]

Post by lujk »

Hi! I know this is reviving a dead thread but in case someone else stumbles upon this, I think Trouble Bubble is not correct, had this game growing up and it's called Hoppin' Poppin' Spaceballs.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

lujk wrote: I think Trouble Bubble is not correct
Looks like Trouble Bubble was the game Tarluby83 was looking for, mistakenly identifying it as the same game as the one in Listers' description. I'll append your game name to the topic title as well.

UPD: I looked up Google Images, and it appears that Hoppin' Poppin' Spaceballs is indeed the game Listers was looking for, or at least it's much closer to the original description what Trouble Bubble.

Thanks for the heads up!