Mario game [Adventure Island]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
roselegend

Mario game [Adventure Island]

Post by roselegend »

Hey guys, I don't know the name of this awesome Super Mario game I used to play on Sega drive, the game had pretty huge map it was like an island, i know there was snow land, and when you collect an egg, you are riding on some random animal, I used to play it before 2005, dunno the exact year.
Thanks!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Yoshi's Island?

If not, you can check the MobyGames list of Mario games, I'm pretty sure all relevant titles are documented.
roselegend

Post by roselegend »

No its no Yoshis Island i dont remember riding on a dinousaur, you can collect an egg and you can ride on an animal exaple eel,
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Can not be anything official that I am aware of. The only Super Mario type game I am aware of not on a Nintendo system was the Phillips CD-i called Hotel Mario, along with three Legend of Zelda games that Nintendo wishes were never made and does not speak of them as true games of the series. Of course this does not include Mario in games like Donkey Kong and the like back in the day where he was on other systems.
roselegend

Post by roselegend »

I remembered i didnt play it on sega i played on snes or nes, it had a huge map, one corner of the map was like an ice land, there is underwater, some caves.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Well a huge map to me would be Super Mario 3. It was two players and you would take turns between levels. You would travel along "roads" and there would be mushroom houses that let you play games of chance, like choose the chest for a prize, match the picture from three different parts that would rotate in different directions and if I my memory serves me right, also a memory card type game where you would flip cards over. And then your opponent could take a turn to battle you in old style Mario game where there are platforms and pipes with enemies that come out from them and you have to hit them from underneath or hit the POW block to knock them over and collect the most coins. Then there are hidden whistles to whisk you away to a later level. And each boss battle starts with you trying to traverse an air ship with lots of cannon balls, possible Bullet Bills and those moles that throw wrenches and each boss was suppose to be a child of Bowser as I recall. There were also Hammer Bros on the map that would move back and forth and you had to catch them to fight them. This was the first game that allowed Mario to actually fly with he raccoon tail as recall. And on the water maps you could potentially transform into the frog suit, but I did not much like it and was my least favorite power.

Another world map game for Mario is Super Mario World and the Gameboy had at least one that also had a huge world map- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins or something like that. You had to fight your evil brother Wario, which I think was the first appearance of the fat bastard. :laugh:

After that I am not too sure.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Riding on an eel. Sounds like one of the Donkey Kong games.
roselegend

Post by roselegend »

DOS Wolf wrote:Well a huge map to me would be Super Mario 3. It was two players and you would take turns between levels. You would travel along "roads" and there would be mushroom houses that let you play games of chance, like choose the chest for a prize, match the picture from three different parts that would rotate in different directions and if I my memory serves me right, also a memory card type game where you would flip cards over. And then your opponent could take a turn to battle you in old style Mario game where there are platforms and pipes with enemies that come out from them and you have to hit them from underneath or hit the POW block to knock them over and collect the most coins. Then there are hidden whistles to whisk you away to a later level. And each boss battle starts with you trying to traverse an air ship with lots of cannon balls, possible Bullet Bills and those moles that throw wrenches and each boss was suppose to be a child of Bowser as I recall. There were also Hammer Bros on the map that would move back and forth and you had to catch them to fight them. This was the first game that allowed Mario to actually fly with he raccoon tail as recall. And on the water maps you could potentially transform into the frog suit, but I did not much like it and was my least favorite power.

Another world map game for Mario is Super Mario World and the Gameboy had at least one that also had a huge world map- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins or something like that. You had to fight your evil brother Wario, which I think was the first appearance of the fat bastard. :laugh:

After that I am not too sure.
That sounds like it, but i cant find Super Mario 3, only bros 3 and world
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

This almost sounds like Adventure Island.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnRqPR-hf4
Sustinendum Victoriam!
roselegend

Post by roselegend »

OMG THATS IT! It was not Mario, I tottaly forgot, Its been so long , Thanks guys!