Need Help to improve my Ebook about the History of DOS games

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
bogdanpurcaru

Need Help to improve my Ebook about the History of DOS games

Post by bogdanpurcaru »

Hello everybody.

I am Purcaru Ion Bogdan, the writer of Games vs. Hardware. A history of PC gaming: The 80's ebook, currently launched on Amazon, a book that shows how hardware and MS-DOS video games evolved together in the 80's.
My native language isn't English therefore I have many spelling and especially syntax errors in my book, errors that could result in bad reviews and unfortunately bashing....

Therefore I need your help to patch-up up the book so I can sent it to reviewers. I am also willing to accept any suggestions or to add any relevant DOS game or hardware that is missing.

Anyone who is willing to help and to correct the mistakes in at least 20 pages will receive a full FREE personalized PDF copy of my book.

The book link:http://www.amazon.com/Games-vs-Hardware ... B00I4KRI4E

The link is informative and not necessarily for sale , to see what you will edit. Anyone that helps will receive a free copy :D

Thanks in advance
Last edited by bogdanpurcaru on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I'm willing to help, but I'm not willing to buy the book to help... Am I missing something? Feel free to PM me if you want to connect privately. If you've got an editable/proofreadable version that I can markup (MS Word, other tools?) I'm very willing to donate time for a section of pages.

Good work finishing a book project! That's quite an achievement. And of course I love the subject matter. :)
bogdanpurcaru

Post by bogdanpurcaru »

Clarifications:

To anyone willing to help I will send a editable Word version with up to 100 pages
(so anyone can have an overall idea and to see if it worth the trouble). Everyone must correct/edit at least 20 PAGES. Once you finish at least 20 pages I will send you the full book (PDF file) and the cover idea for my second book concerning 90's ( not released yet)

After anyone finishes they must send me the 20 edited pages, with the corrections and if you want improvements or suggestions (more games for example) edited in other color.
I do also plan to write in the book, the names of all the people that helped me to edit the book.

- I will need the email address to send the document to be edited and the name (only if you want) :d so I can write it in my book
- If anyone can correct more than 20 pages that would help immensely.

PS. There are also many pictures included in those 20 pages, so the actual total work will be around 14-17 pages
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I'd like to help but I just don't have time right now. Hope you're able to find some good editors! :clap:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
bogdanpurcaru

Post by bogdanpurcaru »

I really hope so. Thanks for support.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Hi Purcaru:

I'd be happy to help. When do you need this done by? I'll be going away for the weekend so I won't be able to get a start on it until after then.
bogdanpurcaru

Post by bogdanpurcaru »

I will probably set a two months timeframe so there is enough time for anybody. Thanks for the help