Running Heroes of Might and Magic 1 or 2

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Anonymous wrote:Hey guys, I've manged to get the H2 image running, however I dont have sound and it only lets me play multiplayer

Any Ideas?
No idea.

Maybe you could post some relevant info? As :
OS?
Dosbox version?
Original game?
Mount lines?
Install choices?
Inputs to run the game?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
lordbreaker

heroes 2 need the cd message

Post by lordbreaker »

Im using DOS box to play heroes might and magic 2, but still ask me for cd to play campaign what do I do?
what do I do? I downloaded heroes of might and magic 2 gold and DOS box and the 2.1 patch thing but I was unable to activate the patch cuz a DOS window opens and tells me to enter the patch directory and I dont know how to do that.. it there any other way to crack this game.. I wana play campaign!!! or anybody can guide me thru how to patch it??
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

..... ask where you downed the game?
You hardly can expect us to know what's wrong with a downloaded game......
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Kern

Post by Kern »

Hello all,

Been trying to get my HoMM2 working. The problem I'm facing now is that I can start the game, but it states that I can only play it in multiplayer mode, and only as a guest and not a host, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of the game. I was hoping someone would know enough about this to suggest a solution to this?

I downloaded from the following site:
http:// NOT ALLOWED, GAME IS SOLD ON GOG

I've tried mounting from C after installation, which supposedly went correctly. the commands used were:

mount c c:\heroesii
c:
heroes2

I've also tried mounting under d. The commands I used then were:

mount d c:\heroesii
d:
heroes2

However, neither mode allows me to bypss the restriction I've noted regarding the cd.

Here are my computer details:
DOSBox version: 0.74

Install choices: No changes, just save change and exit after
mount c c:\heroesii
c:
install

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

You will have to ask where you downloaded the game, possible it's a faulty rip, I have no idea.
Can also be it's a bad cracked protection ...... look if there is a readme or something included.

FYI: game is sold and supported@ GOG
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/heroes_of_m ... 0a2df5ba37

Also: your dosbox mount is wrong for Win7, read and apply the pinned Win7 tutorial.
Game folder should be in your user folders.
Kern

Post by Kern »

Mmmm... perhaps.

Also, my dosbox mount is wrong? But it works for my HOMM1 (had to get rid of the file with the globe intro and it works perfectly fine) and my CaesarII... hmm.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Kern wrote: But it works.....
For some it will, yes, not for all. As your post for help shows.
FYI: Win9x times are long gone..... C:\ is protected in NTs.

I'm missing a CD mount in your first post, HOMM2 needs a CD or CD image mounted.
What you should look for if you absolutely want a pirated/illegal HOMM2 is a full CD image, and no ISO, it's a multi track CD, ISO won't do here.
Or hunt for a better cracked copy somewhere ........ good luck.
snoox

homm 2

Post by snoox »

been a long time since i used dosbox, i mount the drive it asks for a cd, whats the code so it doesnt ask for a cd like i mount d: mscd001 /l:d something like that i forget the correct coding and help would be appreciated
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

To mount a CD in dosbox:
mount d x:\ -t cdrom
replace x:\ by cd drive letter under windows, and yes, mount is as D: whatever the letter is under windows

To mount a CD image:
imgmount d x:\path\name.iso -t cdrom
or
imgmount d x:\path\name.cue -t cdrom
replace x:\path\name.xxx by correct drive/folder/name of the image
sssboy88

Re: how to run heroes of might and magic 1 in dosbox?

Post by sssboy88 »

sorimachi0613 wrote:how to run heroes of might and magic 1 in dosbox without cd? i've downloaded the game and after installing and setting up, but they still prompt me "Unable to acess CD drive"... Can anyone help me out with this? thanks...
not sure if you are still interested in running the game but I just found out why and how you get around it. the game is actually hacked into file named GO. so from the command C:\, you just need to type GO and then it will run perfectly! Hope you enjoy! :)
old gamer dude

trying to run dosbox on mac

Post by old gamer dude »

Need help...won't allow me to mount based on mount d D:\ -t cdrom

says doesn't exists. My file HEROES2.exe worked 1 time in using boxer then it stopped working.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: trying to run dosbox on mac

Post by MrFlibble »

old gamer dude wrote:won't allow me to mount based on mount d D:\ -t cdrom

says doesn't exists.
If you are trying to mount your actual CD-ROM drive inside DOSBox, make sure that you use the same drive letter as your actual machine - it might be different from D.

E.g. if your actual CD-ROM uses the drive letter E, then the mount line should be

Code: Select all

MOUNT D E:\ -t cdrom
Aldeb
Expert
Expert

Post by Aldeb »

Strange. I tried to run Heroes 2 on a win98 comp and it crashes instantly. disappointing.
Certified 16-bit Troll
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

If you can spare 10 local currency units on the problem, Gog.com will do all the hard setup work for you:
http://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might ... ld_edition
http://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

Just to reiterate - if you still own the original disks, they run wonderfully under latest DOSBox. You can MOUNT the actual CD, or rip it and use IMGMOUNT. Even CD Audio works.